National WWll Protest Rally

GoldenMotor.com

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
All politics aside, I'm proud to say I was a participant at the protest rally at the National WWll Memorial in Washington, DC today. The barricades were removed (with the help of some bolt cutters) and the gathering began. When we finished there we walked to the Wall and it was opened. I have walked by it several times over the years unable to go in. My wife finally made me (in front of all those folks). I was able to find my two buddies who I have carried their names and panel numbers with me for all this time. Of course I didn't hold up well but as folks walked by I got a lot of pats on the shoulder which actually made it more difficult but I was thankful for. I'll never know why them and not me but that's life. After that we moved on to the Lincoln Memorial at the west end of the National Mall and it was opened and a rally took place there. From there my wife and I headed north to the Metro to go home but the rally headed to the White House where the barricades from the WWll Memorial were heaped in a pile where they belonged. It felt good to be with folks who know what leadership is and know we have little to show for it in those who are supposed to represent the best interst of our great country. I suppose the government will pay money to close them all up tonight, but at least we had our day.

Semper Fi to all you Vets!
Dan

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Thanks Dan.. Good Job.. I just lost my Father about 11 months ago. He too was a WWII vet. I too was a Soldier for 14 years. To watch my so called leaders pains me to no end. Before my Daddy died.. I said.. Dad.. I have never seen anything like this before.. I mean.. what is going on in the country.. I was 54 at that time.. And my daddy replied.. I haven't either.. He was 87.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
We all know the rules against political/religious discussions so I hope this one doesn't go too far because I'm not going to remove it unless it does.

What I will do is salute Dan for his part in the protest. Maybe it's the vet in me but I can't in good conscience delete a thread that falls this close to home. Just keep it civil guys and no rants, name calling or strong political viewpoints, please, and thanks.

What I find heartening is the people who have taken it upon themselves to do some things that demonstrate that we aren't as reliant on government as they would like us to believe. I saw a story about a fella who, using his own equipment and time was mowing and cleaning the grounds around the National Monuments. There's another patriot for you.

Tom

Last edited: