$110.00 Bicycle Cargo Trailer review

GoldenMotor.com

samdallas214

Sep 1, 2012
Dallas Tx
$110.00 Bicycle Cargo Trailer Review.

I was in need of a Bicycle Cargo Trailer I could not afford to spend $350.00+ on one, so I did a lot of searching for a good but cheap Bicycle Cargo Trailer.
I came across the Aosom Elite II Bicycle Cargo Trailer for $110.00 shipping included .
I purchased the Trailer and after using it for 30 days of use here is my findings .

First the good thing I like about the Bike Cargo Trailer

Price $110.00 USD For $110.00 it would be hard to build a better one , it would cost you more $110.00 in parts and labor

20 inch tires ( Aosom has a $100.00 BCT but it has 16” Tires instead of 20” Tires)

Hauls up to 180 pounds (far more then even most $350- $600.00 BCT)
I have personally hauled 140-150 pounds with no problem pulled it 20+ miles at 15- 20 MPH pulled great.

Pulls real easy, no jerking, no pushing the bike back and forth, no jumping around and or swerving back and forth when empty or full, when its empty you can not tell it’s even back there

Has a man made Fabric removable top cover and it has fabric sites.

Folds up for storage

Can be mad into a flat bed .

The bottom is 100% steal not plastic like most BCT’s

Thing I do not like about the Bike Cargo Trailer

The Tire Rim’s wheel bearings suck are very cheap and will not last no time I already had 1 break.
The good thing is you can replace the wheel bearings with a set of 2 for each tire for around $10-$20 A tire for heave duty set from your local auto part stores, or do like I did you can get them off ebay for around $3-6.00 each ($6-12.00 a tire) or a set of 10 heave duty ones for $12- $24.00 (I was going to spend the $24.00 until I found out the same company makes both sets of wheel bearing,1 under a name brand, and 1 under store name.
The store brand and the name brand are the exact same bearing the only difference is the store brand does not have the name brand stamped on it. )

I could not see paying $6.00 for 1 tire so I spent the $12.00 (enough to do 5 tires)

The 20” Tires are not wire bead or Kevlar,
A set of Mr. Tuffy fixed that. $16.00

The Man Mad Fabric is not water resistance.
A $10.00 can of Tent/Fabric Water Proofing fixed that.
The Removable Top does not have a safety strap to keep it from blowing off.

no back reflectors. and or Safety Flag.

No tie down brackets

The bottom is all steal and is painted but would be better if it was lined with something , a piece of old carpet fixed that with some 2 sided tape $300. for a roll.

No padlock/chain loops to make it easier to lock up.
the tires clips on to make them easy to take on and off the clip is fine but should have a way to add a lock to the clip to keep the clip from moving so the tires can not be remover easily and stolen.
I can lock the trailer up by running a wire cable through the tires and then through the round tub that is welded on under the trailer where the tire clips on to the frame of the trailer.

Over all I’m happy with the Cargo Trailer it has cost me a total of $151.00 and well worth the cash it’s not a $400.00 trailer but if you want a good dependable all steal Bike Cargo Trailer that is not fancy but will get the job done at less the 1/2 the cost of most bike trailers you will love this one, it does what a trailer do and hauls things.

If I had it to do over would I buy it again? YES.

would I tell other to buy it? Yes

Have I had any problems with it , yes 1 of the wheel bearings fell apart, the left tire was a little wobbly but still made it the 20 miles home,
I was able to use some big washer to fill up the space of the wheel bearing until mine got here but rolled fine even with out the left inside bearing. now it rolls great
other than that no problems.
If you have any questions about the trailer PM me.
You can get them at Sears, Amazon, eBay or Aosom themselves.
I do not sell, work for or am I affiliated with Aosom Trailers in any way.
I’m just a happy customer that did not have $350.00+ to spend on a bike trailer, but need a trailer real bad it turns 3-4 trips to 1 AND I love it can not see how I ever did without it

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego
When I was a kid I modified a garden wagon so I could mount it to my bmx bike

About half the price and twice the effort to pull, but I bet a motorized bicycle wouldn't have much trouble with it

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I've got the same trailer as the OP and it is very nice, hauled a weeks worth of camping gear camping around.

Review.....Two kickstands up!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Thanks for going to the effort to write an honest review.

And hey Sam, what part of town are you in? Let's ride sometime, yes?

samdallas214

Sep 1, 2012
Dallas Tx
I live in duncanville and ride mine more for transportation, and stay real busy so it's kinda of hard for me to get out just to ride , but can give it a shot what part of town do you live in.

samdallas214

Sep 1, 2012
Dallas Tx
to all that has said thanks for the review your welcome.

If you need a a good but not so costly trailer get one of Aosom kid, pet , cargo trailers .I love my cargo trailer.

Now to those PMing me about Aosom cargo trailers not being as good as a Burley.
I do not know witch is better because I do not own a Burley.
What I can say you are probably right the Burley are probably a better trailers .
But there $300+ so they should be a better trailer.
Over all I can is it was well worth the $110 it cost me, the best $110.00 I have sent since I purchases my kit.
I'll keep you updated

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Off topic:

chainmaker- Wow! Do you really lean over those handlebars for a ride of any length? Man that style of setup looks soo uncomfortable! Great for racing etc, but of course, I'm mister upright on a cruiser. Does that wear on you after distance?
Looks to be a tight mobile bivouac system my friend, well done.