what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Oh,and I'm a genius cuz I bought a 30 tooth like a clown!
Thats OK DG, I have a ton of stuff in my shop I'm never gonna use, And paid good money for it too.
Do you think it's about time to slowly start building your tool collection?
fatdaddy.

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA

Have gotten in some nice rides lately. Ordered a new rear fender as I had cut mine off too much during my original build. It should be here soon so I can get it painted up, notched and mounted. Also, I'm looking into a Cree light to mount inside of my old carbide light.

Sinistar

Dec 18, 2011
Memphis TN

I had my drive chain pop off my freewheel had to put it back on twice. So I went to my local hardware store and bought better hardened washers to use with the side mounts of the motor plate saddle, some to shim behind and some to use to make a better bite without the washers folding in the slots and then my chain pops off after it has been ridden after a month or so.

Cheers

grizadams

Jul 23, 2012
minnesota

Added dual brake...works great.

Support bracket for gas tank. Did notice that maybe I should have tilted the tank back towards the seat so I can get more gas out of an almost empty tank.
Think I'll cut the welds and weld hinges on it so I can tilt it back.

Goat What do you think about how I wrapped the vent around the bracket?Seems like it hasn't leaked yet.

Attachments

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

It might leak a little on a hot day? Gas pressure expanding in the tank and fuel coming up the line as a result. The line is vented right into the fuel at the bottom of the tank. As the vent hose being the soul vent? It looks a tad low perhaps? Just have to try it?

grizadams

Jul 23, 2012
minnesota

Do I need to keep it so long? I could maybe zip tie it on the seat post if I could cut it off.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

It just needs to be above the water lol.;)

On second thought I just remembered when I had set my first tank up ages ago with this fuel line like this as a vent. On a hot summer day I had my fuel line up high and got fuel dribbling out of the vent line. It was not until my first Boxer bike purchase and I saw how they vented it that I don't use that hose as a vent any more. Just finessed my fuel cap to breath and plugged that port off for ever. Works perfectly for me...

Their tank had that port blocked off plugged. There was only one line coming out of my tank the fuel line that was it. Only thing was that later I discovered my cap needed modded to breath and that the fuel filter the tank came with ''Goped suppler'' had a very small restrictive fuel filter.

I gutted the fuel filter out and used it to attach my hose. Then put a nice inline filter down the line. It has been pleasant ever since.

Last edited:

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX

http://sadpanda.us/images/1111584-SPNW04K.jpg

I mowed a yard with my bike. hahahha. I could use my motorized bicycle if the grass wasn't so high and I could go a little faster. If I put the 1" roller on the Dax, it will work. If I use a 44 tooth wheel cog on the china-kit bike, it should work well. That will be wild, mowing a yard with a little motorcycle. hahaha
I'm not inclined to go real fast on it. Also the design can work with a 4 string trimmer head, especially if you have a long crankshaft, or can machine a 6-10" round flywheel. You can file some 1/2" bolts flat and drill through them, to pin down weeder strings (.155")

http://youtu.be/dT_RbxgruLs

Last edited:

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

Added dual brake...works great.

Support bracket for gas tank. Did notice that maybe I should have tilted the tank back towards the seat so I can get more gas out of an almost empty tank.
Think I'll cut the welds and weld hinges on it so I can tilt it back.

Goat What do you think about how I wrapped the vent around the bracket?Seems like it hasn't leaked yet.
Depending on where your vent tube goes onto the tank. I think if ya fill the tank higher then the vent tube end, simple physics says it's gonna overflow. The tube end needs to be higher then the fuel in the tank or it will "gravity feed" out.
fatdaddy.

grizadams

Jul 23, 2012
minnesota

Yeah that's what I'm gonna do, I'll get it high than the gas tank...I think I'll be mounting it to the front pretty soon any ways, got a new fork for my bike so no more brake cable in the way.

xenodius

May 23, 2012
Spokane, WA

Switched out some jets on my carb since it was four-stroking, went from a .70 to a .66. Plug chop indicated it was a little bit lean, then I realized I had an air leak. Fixed that, went to a .68... looks good, but for some reason my top end is still 29mph even though it's not four-stroking... and I've lost a noticeable amount of acceleration power confirmed by GPS.

I should be getting more than 29 mph top with a 66cc and a 36t sprocket, shouldn't I? I've ridden it over 50 miles. I just want to go 35 to keep up with traffic... I doubt everyone else is imagining they're going as fast as they report. In fact, switching to a 36t from a 44t only added 2 mph. I thought several folks said they could get their bikes to 6,000 rpm at WOT, but the best I can do based on my speed is about 4,500.

In other news, finally got my CREE P4 LED's and mounted a pair into 2 heatsinks with thermal epoxy, it's almost set and then I'm going to mount them in the reflectors and then mount them into my headlight and wire them up. =) Going to try the notorious white wire first, then resort to my dynamo if that doesn't work.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee

Switched out some jets on my carb since it was four-stroking, went from a .70 to a .66. Plug chop indicated it was a little bit lean, then I realized I had an air leak. Fixed that, went to a .68... looks good, but for some reason my top end is still 29mph even though it's not four-stroking... and I've lost a noticeable amount of acceleration power confirmed by GPS.

I should be getting more than 29 mph top with a 66cc and a 36t sprocket, shouldn't I? I've ridden it over 50 miles. I just want to go 35 to keep up with traffic... I doubt everyone else is imagining they're going as fast as they report. In fact, switching to a 36t from a 44t only added 2 mph. I thought several folks said they could get their bikes to 6,000 rpm at WOT, but the best I can do based on my speed is about 4,500.

In other news, finally got my CREE P4 LED's and mounted a pair into 2 heatsinks with thermal epoxy, it's almost set and then I'm going to mount them in the reflectors and then mount them into my headlight and wire them up. =) Going to try the notorious white wire first, then resort to my dynamo if that doesn't work.
hills... your weight.... your size wide/tall.. how heavy the bike is...
A 5foot tall #120 guy will go faster then a 6 foot 5 #300 guy on the same bike over the same road

xenodius

May 23, 2012
Spokane, WA

hills... your weight.... your size wide/tall.. how heavy the bike is...
A 5foot tall #120 guy will go faster then a 6 foot 5 #300 guy on the same bike over the same road
I weigh 185, I'm 6'4". Bike is a super-heavy duty cruiser frame, total weight is probably 50/60 pounds. It REALLY bogs down on hills... It'll bog to a stop on a 25 grade hill pretty quickly if I don't pedal. I don't care about that much though, there's only a couple hills around here and I can go around both of them quite easily.

EDIT: if I go racer-pose instead of upright, I can get 2mph faster on the flat. There's a long, long backroad around here that's always empty that I go WOT on for speed tests.