new to motor bikes

GoldenMotor.com

rebel1500

Apr 22, 2012
Bartlett, TN
Hello all im kinda new to this i have just aquired a schwinn mountain bike from a good friend with a flyinghorse 66cc engine kit. I helped build the bike from the start and he kinda lost interest so here i am. i have been doing some modifacations to the bike over the past few weeks in hopes of finding higher speeds but so far most have been like back steps i curently have been fighting with a cns carb i have it set as lean as it will go but it still is running so rich it bogs on top end. i have not replaced the stock exhaust yet but as soon as SickBikeParts gets some in im planing on getting a expansion chamber. any help would be much appreciated.

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
welcome rebel,top speed lil overated,bikes not made to go 40mph,not only will cops give you grief but a prob at 20mph or more will prob sting a lil.as far as carb goes not sure i run the nt on my builds,changed to smaller jet on one,adjusted needle on other and all got rubber washer after having air leaks. good luck im sure someone here will have a answer.

rebel1500

Apr 22, 2012
Bartlett, TN
Thanks I'm not looking for much more than to be able to run a consistent 30 mph I think 40 would be pushing the stability of a bike :p as far as the law goes I am the mechanic at the city shop I work on all the police cars they don't mess with me to much. I swapped from the NT carb because I read about the cns having better throttle response. But it has been nothing but a headache so far.