What's your most desirable accessory for a China Girl Motorized Bicycle?

GoldenMotor.com

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
Re: What's your most desirable accessory for a China Girl?

What I did was I went a local bearing shop and got one that was bigger all around with and with a smaller hole for the wrist-pin and turned it on a lathe to a tight precise fit. I had to make a special tool out of an old wrist pin to bore out the bushing to exact size. LOL but when I did it it bored a little crooked so when I put it all together to piston was lopsided just a hair. What did I do to fix it? Please do not mock unless you have to but feel free to laugh on it. I bent the connecting rod to compensate.:) Worked like charm.(^)

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Thanks,, Texhun

Just so happens I have a China made version of the Smithy Lathe - Milling machine combo sitting in the shop, so I also have the tools to make a bushing if I decide to give that a try at some point.

LOL........a bent con rod isn't normally thought of as a good thing and usually grounds for replacement, but hey......if it working, I say if it ain't broke don't fix it...!

Peace, Map

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas

LOL! Yah that's what I was thinking too, (this aint exactly the best idea in the world but hey, it's just an ht.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

I say if it works for ya run it till it dont and then change it or get a complete new rig for $80 and start over, probably a lot of these engines already have a slightly bent rod in them anyway do to the extremely high quality and time the China men put into them....LOL! (^)

Map

LOL! Yah that's what I was thinking too, (this aint exactly the best idea in the world but hey, it's just an ht.

ddesens

Jun 27, 2011
New Port Richey, FL.

@Texhun, I think thats funny/great. For the cost of these china girls I would have done the same thing. I would do just what map said and just run it till it dont. I have had 3 new engines on my bench at the same time before and not one of them was exactly the same on the inside. Such as one piston cleared the intake port fully. One needed and 1/8 inch trimmed out. One had horrible slag in the transfer ports, one was really clean. Etc Etc Etc...

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Yeah, what you just said goes right back to the crap shoot phrase most of us use when describing these little jewels, if someone gets one right out of the box and it's all right that would be very very lucky no matter what brand, seems they can all use some fine tuning to get the most from them, thats part of this fun hobby/experience to me.

Peace, Map

@Texhun, I think thats funny/great. For the cost of these china girls I would have done the same thing. I would do just what map said and just run it till it dont. I have had 3 new engines on my bench at the same time before and not one of them was exactly the same on the inside. Such as one piston cleared the intake port fully. One needed and 1/8 inch trimmed out. One had horrible slag in the transfer ports, one was really clean. Etc Etc Etc...

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

i thoght about this for a minute ...My favorite accessory for a Happy Time I think would have to be a ''Hammer'' lol.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

You're just flat out No fun Goat Herder, poor little HT's aint never tried to use a hammer on you, or have they?...............LOL!!!!

i thoght about this for a minute ...My favorite accessory for a Happy Time I think would have to be a ''Hammer'' lol.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida

Most desirable accessory?

1. -700 C wheels- lightweight and fast rolling- with 700c wheels on a modern lightweight frame- the bike has caught up with 50ccs- and a 66 is almost a danger!

2. Alloy billet intake- most cost effective performance improvement under $20.

3. a smaller alloy sprocket- light, fast and more frame clearance to help eliminate the haevy fussy tensioners, and cut the chain length

4. a 415 Industrial/trike chain- half the weight, and less resistence both peddling and motoring.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX

After spending 5 hours in the garage today fighting with the rag joint (including using a dremel to embiggen the sprocket hole to clear the coaster brake dust cap since I did not want to modify the cap itself), I am definitely desiring a hub sprocket adapter. After getting the rag joint "almost there" for the Nth time, I just gave up on it and will wait for my adapter, lol. Ugh... I was sorely tempted to try to run the bike with the sprocket a little off, at least to make sure the engine even runs, but ended up just ripping the whole thing off since I probably would have just ruined a brand new wheel.

Of the accessories I currently have, I really like my Crow Cycles center stand. It is very sturdy and makes working on the bike much easier.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

After spending 5 hours in the garage today fighting with the rag joint (including using a dremel to embiggen the sprocket hole to clear the coaster brake dust cap since I did not want to modify the cap itself), I am definitely desiring a hub sprocket adapter. After getting the rag joint "almost there" for the Nth time, I just gave up on it and will wait for my adapter, lol. Ugh... I was sorely tempted to try to run the bike with the sprocket a little off, at least to make sure the engine even runs, but ended up just ripping the whole thing off since I probably would have just ruined a brand new wheel.

Of the accessories I currently have, I really like my Crow Cycles center stand. It is very sturdy and makes working on the bike much easier.
I have to agree with you. Getting a rag joint to fit right is a huge PIA. I have been successful getting one to work, but the amount of time and trouble wasn't worth it. Then if you should decide to change to a different size sprocket, you have to go through the whole mess again.

It makes $80 for a Pirate adapter seem quite reasonable.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

nah, lol, rag joints are fine, they just need a trick to get them concentric... Mount it loosely, put it on the bike, mount the chain. Now, while you tighten and rotate the tire, the chain pulls it back to true center as you go, www.buykillerabeer.com, lols(not a real site)

My next upgrade will be the sbp X-pipe, for sure, dual pull brake lever, grip shift for the J-shaft, other goodies. mmm...goodies. \,,/

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

I'm thinking a hub adapter is probably at the top of most peoples list, mine anyway.

After that probably motor mounts would come next.

What do you think?
I think the most desirable accessory would be a converter. It converts the cheap china poo-stroke to a reliable 4-stroke.

But that's just what I think......laff

dnut

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Hey now, just cause you can't tune a 2-smoker doesn't mean none of us can't.... :p Heh heh.

Last edited:

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX

Wow Killer, that is a good trick! If I get sick of staring at my bike sitting in the garage with the back wheel off waiting for the adapter, I might just have to try it. If you ever find yourself in central TX, I owe you a beer ;)

Scotto, I have been really tempted by the 4-strokes. Especially when I was in HF yesterday eyeballing the $99 212cc Predator. I think I would like to put one of those on a trike with rear facing passenger seat...