Does anyone have this bike?

GoldenMotor.com

ChopperDave

Jul 10, 2010
Washington State
I just bought this Cadillac Fleetwood with the Nuvici CVT Hub and as it has not arrived yet, so cant measure it. I was wondering if anyone on the forum had one? If so can you please tell me the dimension of the seat post.
Thanks

ChopperDave

Jul 10, 2010
Washington State
Thanks Flounder, but am thinking the aluminum tubing may be different. Well I am trying to order a SBP shifter kit and they have 3 options 1.125 inches, 1.25 inches, or 1.375 inches. Guess I will just have to wait till the bike arrives to measure it

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
You might ask them about the new and improved shifter befor ordering,there was a thread on it recently,It is pictured in the install instructions (red letters),It looks great

Flounder

May 26, 2010
Jacksonville Beach
I just bought this Cadillac Fleetwood with the Nuvici CVT Hub and as it has not arrived yet, so cant measure it. I was wondering if anyone on the forum had one? If so can you please tell me the dimension of the seat post.
Thanks

Dave, sorry I misunderstood your question.. You ment Vetical bike tubing and not seat post right.

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
Pretty sure he meant the seat TUBE, not the seat POST. Easy mistake since they both have the word "Seat". The seat TUBE is part of the frame. The seat POST has the seat mounted on it and goes into the seat TUBE.

ChopperDave

Jul 10, 2010
Washington State
Last edited:

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I think one is al-ready working on here some place,,,,,I think its just hard too get him off the bike long enough to talk too us lol

ChopperDave

Jul 10, 2010
Washington State

Ted

Apr 20, 2010
Leavenworth Wa.
You have to use the shifter kit/jackshaft ala SBP
=======================================
OKaaaaa,,,you have something that would make this a little more clear to me? sounds a little complicated to me.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Jackshaft moves the motor power to the pedal crank gear,,and the crank gear goes too the back wheel,,the shifter on the handle bar changes the gears,,(the crank gear is a free wheel so the pedals dont turn when the motor is going fast)

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thanks

To answer your original question here, the seat tube that the seat post slides into is 1.250" outside diameter....that's an inch and a quarter. The length of that tube from the center of the bottom bracket, to the top tube where it penetrates the top tube is approx. 15.5" on the 18.5" frame. Hope this answers your question...

Scott

Attachments

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
That really is a nice looking bike. And I've been looking at that hub for a long time wishing I could spend the money on it and a shift kit. Have fun with it, and let us know how it turns out.

Ted, look for an ad on the edges of this page that says "Sick Bike Parts". They make a shift kit and the site explains it pretty well.

Cannonfish

Apr 10, 2009
Maryland
Hey guys, just wanted to throw in my own $0.02 on the combination of a NuVinci hub and SBP shifter... I've had these two products together on a Micargi cruiser frame (looks kinda like the Cadillac frame you've got), and together they are amazing.

Well actually both parts are amazing just by themselves. But when put together, they are freakin' phenomenal.

At first, I had my bike rigged with the standard kit set-up (one-speed, left-hand drive), and the novelty was beginning to wear off and I was a little bored with the limitations of the bike. Then I plopped down the cash for the NuVinci and the shifter and it got really interesting again. Shifting gears (or ratios in the NuVinci's case) is a blast!! My top speed with a polished but otherwise stock engine is somewhere between 30-35mph, and I can accelerate from a stop without pedaling at all.

I posted a thread about the installation a while back:
http://motorbicycling.com/f3/nuvinci-installation-micargi-cruiser-14721.html

Here is what my bike looks like now. Good luck with your Cadillac build, and let us see how it turns out when you're finished!!

Attachments