How to begins

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I set up that tnc motor mount for the PAT. It took a little enlarging of a hole and adding a little metal to one of the holes but it does work pretty well with the curry three hole motor. I did have to flatten it out but I'm not sure that I really had to do that. Regardless I have a 500 watt motor on the pat above.

I decided to combine parts from all the pats into one 500 watt... 24 volt... two speed PAT for the 20" bike that I like so much. The others did better at keeping the speed up but I really didn't like the way they "felt" under me. I am trying to build one pusher bike and keep the one hub motor bike. I am going to test this one tomorrow with the Three way switch and the little 7ah batteries. If it works well enough, I am going to do some rewiring to carry a 7ah battery for the 12 volt circuit and 2 12ah batteries for the 24 volt circuit. It's will be a little more complicated than I like but it will keep both my 12ah batteries running down evenly. I could also extend the range a little since I will be able to run it at least some on 12 volts.

It shouldn't be too much out of balance since I have the motor on one side I will just add the battery on the opposite side.

Last edited:

izpirkt

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
very interesting build. I like how you are using cheap material that you have at hand.

Have you tested out the dynamics of riding with this trailer? It seems to be able to move in relation to the horizontal plane to allow for bumps and ramps and such. Does it have any freedom in the vertical direction? How does this work for tight turns?

What kind of control do you have for it? I see the switch for two speeds. Do you just get going by pedal and then kick it on high or low?

Thanks

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
There are pictures and diagrams all over the place of the trailers I build now. But I use them to pull batteries around and will use them to pull stuff with the bikes I build either gasoline or electric. I love trailers. if you pull them from the corner and the frame is rigid they seem to do fine. I haven't had one fail for anything but bad welding and that's my own fault.