Illinois Riders

GoldenMotor.com

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
I first want to thank "the Prussian" Shopdogs from Waukegan, IL and "2lazy2pedal" from St. Louis, Mo. that made the 3 hour trip from home to the Illinois Rally in Decatur. it was a pure joy to have you stay "shopdogs" Jim, Brett and Johnny. and special thanks to James who also made the trip the day of the rally but was "2lazy2pedal" the rally went well not as many riders showed up but had fun doing almost a 50 mile ride anyway.
also thanks to "Hookworm" Mark, amd MotoRob, Kevin and his son Brannon and Ellis for the support and to make this happen as a first annual and hoping to have a 2nd annual ride. more pics will appear hopefully from the shopdogs and or video.

Attachments

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
WHAT A GREAT TIME...
this rally was all i expected and more ,great ride ,good new friends, and great weather (for the ride). to bad between the traffic and the rain it took us alomst six hours to get home.
if you never been to a rally go for it ,riding with a pack of friends,even new ones was great fun.
seeing what other guys had built was a close second . many thanxs to scott for being a great host and for putting the rally together.look for vid clip if i can figure how to up load it.

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
yah baby,yahaa,im lovin the motor bikin baby.this is cool wacthing a cummunity of bikers together to make **** happen.also the parts are gettin even crazier for these chinese motors.im tryin to make some kustom stuff but movin gradually on my kustom kruiser duece.hopin to make a deadline for march 6th i believe for a bike show in detroit.by that time it should be gettin a little warmer not far after,allowing us all to dial in our bikes to be more reliable for a cruise,cause these chinese kits arent the most "bolt-on" kits out there,but its definetly badass! itd be cool to see some american manufactures comin out with these style motors,but in the meanwhile i think its awesome the rate us motor bikers are growin,and i hope we can get some cool meets goin soon.i live in chicago,but im thinkin meetin somwhere out south at like a forest preserve,get some tunes and food goin,have a little bike show goin while we all hang out,who knows, maybe a bakini bike wash-lol!! :) diggin it man!!- kool.....

obd1kenobi

Dec 28, 2009
chicago
ya, lets go cruise this city in the spring. Usually I just take short trips, but this bike I'm building is going to be built for long rides.

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
Iam all for long rides! my plans this year are going to try and ride to different towns in my area. Sprinfield, Champaign, Bloomington, ea. town is about 40-45 miles away. then I want to go on a out of state ride maybe to Indiana. anyone here from Springfield,IL or Champaign,IL

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
It sure gets lonely riding in Springfield with no other Mb's around.I'll ride anywhere city to city,outta state doesn't matter to me brnot

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
you mean to tell me? there's no one else that rides motor bikes in your area! thats a shame!:( This summer I will be in Springfield and I will let you know when! I was in Mt. Auburn Last Saturday from Decatur and that's half way!

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
you mean to tell me? there's no one else that rides motor bikes in your area! thats a shame!:( This summer I will be in Springfield and I will let you know when! I was in Mt. Auburn Last Saturday from Decatur and that's half way!
Yeah there really isn't anyone else besides myself and some guy off craigslist I sold a Mb to,that's if he even has the bike still.Police don't bother me either witch is good because everywhere I go my bike zooms along :D How was the ride? Any pictures?

Murph

Jun 3, 2011
Illinois
\o/ new Illinois MB owner here - in Champaign (well, Urbana). Anyone around?

Actually, I'm pretty clueless on the mechanical side of things and learning fast. Shot in the dark, but if there was someone nearby to mentor me a bit / check out my bike, you'd be amazing.

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I live about 30 miles west of Peoria right on the Spoon River. Any of you guys interested in taking a little cruise along the river for the Spoon River Scenic Drive which is first two weekends in October.......let me know. Perhaps we can set something up. Not to mention there would be a million different things to eat along the way and the scenery would be real nice that time of year..LOL

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Hey file whats happ good to hear your still out there ,when you coming up : buttons.

File had our rally ,only had five guys but was fun anyway . Were gona hit darlington this fall w/john and his buddys ,you in, yes u can bring these new guys...:)
Ever hear anything more from big brother ?
Or we can still have a rally at starved rock ,thats half way?
Ltr budddy jim aka " thats prussian not persian duh"