New Slant Heads for 80cc's: Compression Boost!?

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
just so you guys know. zoombicycles isnt the only dealer that sells these slant heads,
Cylinder Head (Part #2) - $9.99
u might want to ask them if its actually a slant head cause it dosent say but the pic is a slant head
and heres another site. they have 2 for the different grubee styles.
1-2B Gen II Angle Fire Head - $14.00 : USABikeMotors.com, Star-Fire Motors and Parts

im sure theres other sites out there.
Just got off the phone with those guys they said they only had them for the smaller cc model , doesn't have it for the so called 80 cc..........

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Ya know,I've always been of the mind that a motor should be broken in the way I want it to run. I do take it a little easy the first few minutes but after that I have never had the patience to keep on taking it easy on a motor. This has worked pretty good for me over the years, of course YMMV.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Put on on While the china is new and breaking in is my guise , then leave it alone. I get the impression a lack of dowel pins at the head and cylinder. When it settles where its at ya leave it alone. Our chinas are not that precisely made. Just my 2 cents LOL......

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
You guys all said its better, but where are the number from before and after? I would like to get one of the new heads but for 1 mph it won't be worth the time to change it out.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
OK I installed it with a new gasket and new BP5HS.

I thought I might blow my original 1+ year old regular front freewheel out starting my bike. The compression felt higher on start pedaling, but not HUGE. The strange thing is the bike seemed to want to start faster, but that's probably just a new plug thing.

So I let it warm a bit and just putted down the road and back. All seemed well. Off for some throttle action.

Wow. Whoa. Brain rush. The engine has more low end and goes to top RPM much faster. I just whip through the gears and was pulling my biggest hill in 5th, before maybe 3rd gear max.

NICE $22 investment!!

But I think I've reached my clutch limit......it slips, or when I tighten it, it grabs "too soon" - ie when pushing the bike with clutch pulled fully in. I need to design some hi po clutch pucks.