Old Build I want to mod for top speed

GoldenMotor.com

Klutch

Oct 21, 2015
Houston, Texas
My main goal with this chopper is to max it out. I don't wanna blow up the engine, but I'm willing to do the work to sustain maximum performance. I've been reading up quite a bit in the past several months on building performance bikes, but i'm not so sure on where to start first and which combination of mods will achieve my goal. I'm a blank page. I'm open to all ideas and concepts. I'm technically and mechanically inclined so for you seasoned buys out there, feel free to get technical. Thanks guys!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the community, Klutch.
I'm something of a chopper fan myself and I admire your build.
There is much you can do to improve performance and you'll get lots of recommendations here. Keep checking back to this thread for them.

If I can offer one bit of advice it would be to do one modification at a time. Don't rush in and do several things at once because if there's a problem it will make it harder to determine what that problem might be. It will also give you a base line to compare your improvements over the stock configuration.

Good luck and keep us informed of the progress.

Tom

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Wow, you've got a really good start on this bike. To "max it out" I would put add a expansion pipe, a speed carb, and a rear sprocket adapter with a smaller tooth sprocket. Do these things and you will get much more acceleration, and a better top speed. The sprocket adapter will drive the wheel hub instead of the spokes which I think is a big improvement.