my Schwinn stingray spoiler build

GoldenMotor.com

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
I am starting a Schwinn stingray spoiler build.
I'm slowly building this one I want to take my time to restore the bike. ( had some scratches and rust on chrome)
I'm going to be trying the water and tinfoil method do you guys have any tips of removing rust off chrome for cheap?
I just ordered my mini chopper tear drop gas tank
Still making up mY mind about how to motorize it. Its a little bit more expensive but I might go with pedalchopper for the mount and engine
Here are some pics of the bikes before doing anything to it

I had to bring it inside to keep away from the elements. Boy does it make a great decoration for my room haha (c)

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
Another issue I got to fix you can see it in the pic the chain guard is dented being such a rare bike and I bet parts are even rarrer I got to figure out how to fix it. Buddy of mine gave me a good idea. That's to re create the curvature of the guard in wood so I could hammer the dent from the back side. Do you think this would work or got any better ideas?

waynestore67

Nov 5, 2010
missisippi
Try Marvel Mystery oil with clean rags for the chrome. There's a great how to on Youtube. I think the spoiler uses the same chainguard an the regular OCC Schwinn. You can find those on Ebay. Good luck. That'll be a wicked build.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
OH MY! I've always loved these. My dreams of one always revolved around a nice big and quality enclosed battery behind the seatpost and about 2000w of hub electric motor in the rear wheel. But; a HF 79/99cc would do just fine too! Keep us posted ! Them bikes are rare.

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
I was thinking of going electric but I don't have much experience doing electrical
How much do you think a set up like that cost?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Checkout pedalchopper's one piece jackshaft/ engine mount setup. Looks very interesting with a multi-speed hub....

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Not sure, but worth a look anyway.
Seems to be the best of both worlds....except for the prices of the hubs!