Micargi GTS Mustang

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm not really impressed with those mounts. I suggest you keep a close watch on them to make sure your engine doesn't shift or move any in the frame. There appears to be a lot of potential for the mounts to slip where they're clamped to the frame.
Just watch them closely until you've put a some miles on the bike. Inspect them frequently and check the engine for tightness. You don't want any movement/side shift of the engine which can result in chain derailment and very sudden stops.

Tom

Mahlus

Jun 2, 2013
Phoenix
I can see how they may not look stable, however some locktite on all the supporting hardware. It's pretty solid and immobile at the moment, since I still need to lace in the drum brake for the front wheel, as well as some other parts I'm waiting on. Ill definitely check the mounts every run

abefroman

Sep 13, 2013
new orleans
where did you buy your motor kit ? I'm getting a micargi puma gts and I'm trying to find the best place to buy the grubee skyhawk 80cc kit. kings and gasbike are now the same and they said they are out of kits but the new kit will be $128 shipped but you gotta install the piston and head and it has the old NT carb! great - i get into this hobby when it seems it's going downhill. I need some recommendations, please ?

Mahlus

Jun 2, 2013
Phoenix
I bought mine from Gasbike, I've never seen them sold out of the Grubee engines before. I bought mine about two weeks ago.
Wouldn't say it's going down hill, seeing Gasbike sold out of Grubee engines says the opposite. I'd give it a week or so, I'm sure they'll get more in.

abefroman

Sep 13, 2013
new orleans
well, i called them and they weren't all that cooperative on the phone but the reviews are all very positive. the guy sounded like I was bothering him or something.

anyway - he said that he would have kits available in about a week but they now come without the piston and head installed - gotta do that yourself, However, they are now gonna be $128 shipped.... which is nice.. i was expecting to pay $249.

however, the carb is evidently the old NT and not the newer CHS :confused: carb. I dont know enough about them to know the difference, but "newer, better, updated, redisigned" is almost always better than "old" er.

I'm an engineer, so I gotta know everything there is to know about something, and, whenever I go to buy something I have to "do my homework" and research the **** out of stuff before I buy...it's a burden. but I hate getting burned. or wasting money.

so - anyone who wants to give me advice, I'm all ears,.... or, letters....

Mahlus

Jun 2, 2013
Phoenix
I do have a question.
Should I get a three price crank and smaller cog? Or just stick with what I currently have?

Turbo

Aug 29, 2013
los angeles
Hi! last week I ordered 5 of them for $128.61 each. This is HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS in savings. This is a SUPER GREAT DEAL!!!. The great thing is that all of the parts are much better and durable then before and that you get the 415 Heavy duty chain compared to the 410 standard dinky chain they used to sell, also you get a 3.0 litter gas tank compared to a 2.5 Liter gas tank that the used to sell, You get the NT carbs compared to the CNS carbs which I like better, and you also get the Universal Mounts in the package that would cost $15.00 extra when you buy their kits before. A lot of riders that I know who buy from GASBIKE say that this the best deal ever !!!! This deal is better than their BLACK FRIDAY SALES that they had last year and the year before.

GOOD LUCK!

Mahlus

Jun 2, 2013
Phoenix
I'm wanting to upgrade my spark plug wire, is it a 7mm wire? And any recommendations on where to go?

abefroman

Sep 13, 2013
new orleans
hey Mahlus - i bought a micargi puma (not 3.0) that I plan to motorize. Can you tell me where you bought your motor kit? just looking at the back of the bike, I can tell that the space for the chain is gonna be really tight. I'm guessing that I will have to ditch the rear fender or maybe cut it to fit the chain.

i'm sure i'm probably gonna have a bunch of questions for ya.

cheers

Mahlus

Jun 2, 2013
Phoenix
I just cut the fender upto where it fastens to the bike, and removed the front fender all together. I plan on mounting rear lights to the fender. The rear fender cut gives me plenty of clearance for this bike.
I bought the kit from Gasbike.net about a month or so ago, the deal they have now is much better than when I bought mine.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I get the same (or better!) engines for $150 shipped to my door.
Try mingsinternational or rose 326 on fleabay.
25+ kits and counting with only two bad coils.(both replaced free)
As far as I know, ALL are still running.
(although I must admit I don't have contact with ALL my customers anymore...a few have moved or otherwise vanished)