neighborhood ride

GoldenMotor.com

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Well, with my tin speakers and tin ears I'm not gonna be the best judge of this.

But idle sounded just fine to me. Running seemed loud but I'm willing to bet that that was an illusion.

Overall it sounded okay to me.

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
Thanks guys. I have got my money out of this grubee 48cc kit. It's got about 1,200 miles maybe a little more. It's got a pull start and centrifugal clutch that I added and works great. It spoiled me getting a good engine kit for my first build. I have a second and third build but the engines are no where near this engine in video. I'd like to really thank everybody on this forum that made it happen.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Good video for the most part. Next time do a walk around of your bike before you get on it so we can see the it. One thing I must comment on is stop signs aren't yield signs. Stop signs mean come to a complete stop. Posting videos of yourself breaking the law puts all of us in a negative light. Actions like these get laws passed to take our bikes from us. So please in the future make videos of yourself obeying the traffic laws. We need to put out a positive image of us as being responsible riders.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Good video for the most part. Next time do a walk around of your bike before you get on it so we can see the it. One thing I must comment on is stop signs aren't yield signs. Stop signs mean come to a complete stop. Posting videos of yourself breaking the law puts all of us in a negative light. Actions like these get laws passed to take our bikes from us. So please in the future make videos of yourself obeying the traffic laws. We need to put out a positive image of us as being responsible riders.
Here in AZ, bicyclist only need to yield at stop signs. If it's a busy street I always stop. But if its a low traffic street then I just yield. Maybe wans state or city has the same traffic law for bicyclist?

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Here in AZ, bicyclist only need to yield at stop signs. If it's a busy street I always stop. But if its a low traffic street then I just yield. Maybe wans state or city has the same traffic law for bicyclist?
Dave yes the laws do vary from state to state. However my point is when posting videos on YouTube be aware many people beyond this forum are watching them. Therefore obey the traffic laws as if you're riding on a motorcycle. This will then keep a negative image off of us. Videos are the most powerful from of advertising there is.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...devloc&q=arizona+bicycle+statutes&v=133247963

page 5

A Word About Stop Signs- Arizona traffic law defines a stop as- “Stop, if required, means complete cessation from movement.” While bicyclists and motorists are required to stop at stop signs, it is not necessary to put your foot on the ground to meet the letter of the law. Running stop signs on major streets is extremely dangerous and can result in a fine of $212 with points added to your driver’s license. Running stop signs sets a bad example for younger riders

As you can now see Arizona law doesn't allow bicycle riders to treat stop signs as yield signs. This was taken from the Arizona bicyclist guide to traffic laws.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...devloc&q=arizona+bicycle+statutes&v=133247963

page 5

A Word About Stop Signs- Arizona traffic law defines a stop as- “Stop, if required, means complete cessation from movement.” While bicyclists and motorists are required to stop at stop signs, it is not necessary to put your foot on the ground to meet the letter of the law. Running stop signs on major streets is extremely dangerous and can result in a fine of $212 with points added to your driver’s license. Running stop signs sets a bad example for younger riders

As you can now see Arizona law doesn't allow bicycle riders to treat stop signs as yield signs. This was taken from the Arizona bicyclist guide to traffic laws.

HB 2130 states:

The addition would require cyclists slow to a reasonable speed, yield the proper right or way and then proceed through the intersection without coming to a complete stop.
HB2130 passed in Feb of 2012

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=36888

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Well Paul anybody can look up the statutes of another state. However recent changes in laws aren't always posted. If a statute exist I don't know about then please show it to me.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
No problem Paul. You're probably like me in that you'd rather been shown a law than told a law. I do try to back up what I'm saying with statutes and DMV booklets. I personally like knowing the traffic laws of other states so if I go riding there I'm complying with their laws.

The main message here is to be mindful of the content of your videos. And realize that even if something is legal in your state it may not be in other states. Nor the people in other states may realize what you're doing is legal in your state. As for stop signs rules for bikes in most states forward momentum must stop for at least 1 second. This is where the no foot on the ground rule applies. So in these states what people see is stop signs being ran when riders simply yield to them. They don't know its legal to do that in that state. To conclude if I'm making a video even if something is legal in my state but not legal in the majority of other states I won't do it just keep from sending out a negative message.