Me, Myself and I… You, He, and They

GoldenMotor.com

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
I do exactly what I want and say: I show up to a race, pay my fee, race and go home. Then prepare for the next race.

It’s like this: if you go to Mc donalds and pay for a big mac and get a bun, are you going to shut up, eat your bun and go home, or are you going to say something to get what you paid for.

I’ll put my check on it that you will say something to get what you paid for, the big mac.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I do exactly what I want and say: I show up to a race, pay my fee, race and go home. Then prepare for the next race.

It’s like this: if you go to Mc donalds and pay for a big mac and get a bun, are you going to shut up, eat your bun and go home, or are you going to say something to get what you paid for.

I’ll put my check on it that you will say something to get what you paid for, the big mac.
Are you *****in' about the number of laps in the PRO class?
Sorry but stuff happens and changes are made.
EVERYONE but you wanted to race 10 laps in the PRO Class.

Your analogy is very cryptic, cute and entertaining but analogies
use flawed logic.
SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing is not Mc donalds.

You got to race in THREE classes so I would say that your order was
SUPERSIZED!!! :)

First Class $35
Second Class $10
Third Class FREE.
Total $45 for 3 race classes,
66 cc PRO Class
Mid Range Class
11 HP Class

You can always go to a Steak House to eat and race at M1GP
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xG0n5hlzLnSce0IqcL4lLJ1Am7zDfqoCciViPv2AxPQ/pub

$85 race fee
$25 second class
$25 third class
$10 gate fee for racers and spectators.
$145 TOTAL for 3 race classes,

$20 transponder rental if you don't buy one for $300
$85 to $120 yearly dues if you pay late.

I am really sorry that you are unhappy and it has been noted.

Last edited:

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
I’m not unhappy about anything. I’m sorry that you feel as though I was making any judgement on the last race. I have been here since the beginning of SCMBR, remember I helped with the Willow race.

Like I stated I do what I want, show up, pay, race, go home. I will continue as long as it is around.

I’m looking forward to the rule book, it’s a great time for SoCal MBracing

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
All I ordered was seasoned curly fries then realized I wasn't at Jack-In-The-Box :D

I ate the bun anyways ;).......and smoked a little competition while I was at it laff

In-N-Out.......I can have it my way......I'm lovin' it!

.wee.

On a serious note Steve, I found the saddle for that bmx........do you want it?

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I’m not unhappy about anything. I’m sorry that you feel as though I was making any judgement on the last race.
I should leave this alone but I can't help myself.......;)

You only got a bun???? You need some beef? This sounds like you are
unhappy.
What didn't you get that you paid for?
You are saying something and I am puzzled why this would deserve a
new thread?

You wanted a big mac instead of a Pizza?
I am very confused but rather amused.
What da Heck are you saying?
magrider said:

I have been here since the beginning of SCMBR, remember I helped with the Willow race.

Like I stated I do what I want, show up, pay, race, go home. I will continue as long as it is around.

I’m looking forward to the rule book, it’s a great time for SoCal MBracing
yes of course I remember your help with the schedule and at the first race, thanks.
I just don't know what that has to do with Mc donalds and defective beef less big mac's?
Maybe you should complain to mc donalds directly?

Aside from the new alcohol policy and the existing safety gear rules there isn't
going to be much added to any rules.
Do you have any suggestions?

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
I barred Jack in the Box for a year because they forgot my fries. they wanted me to drive back and they
would give me the fries that they forgot to put in my bag. I told them to drive the fries to my house
all they had to do was their job, double check the order and give me what I paid for. I called
corporate and told them that this was unacceptable and they offered to give me some coupons,
I said, "great bring them to my house with the fries".

luckily the year was up when they came out with the 'All American combo'.

Safety rules are a step in the right direction. I'm glad to hear that consumption of alcohol
before, during a race wont be tolerated.

I think grouping the racers in their perspective sub-class for the finals would be fair and safe.
faster classes first, then slower, then slowest

Scotto, yeah i'll take it.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
You got to race in THREE classes so I would say that your order was
SUPERSIZED!!! :)

First Class $35
Second Class $10
Third Class FREE.
Total $45 for 3 race classes,
66 cc PRO Class
Mid Range Class
11 HP Class

You can always go to a Steak House to eat and race at M1GP
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xG0n5hlzLnSce0IqcL4lLJ1Am7zDfqoCciViPv2AxPQ/pub

$85 race fee
$25 second class
$25 third class
$10 gate fee for racers and spectators.
$145 TOTAL for 3 race classes,

$20 transponder rental if you don't buy one for $300
$85 to $120 yearly dues if you pay late.
This a great thread!
Yep, I like Mc donalds french fries but they don't hold a
potato to the fries from In-N-Out. ;)
Jack-In-The-Box seasoned curly fries are pretty good too
but they give me gas.

You complaining in riddlish that you got a bun instead of a big mac? :)

I forgot that you won $60 in the PRO Class for coming in 4th thanks to
$200 from ArrowMotorizedCycles.com, $100 from Jake at TheJakeBike.com
and $100 from Rob at PistonBIkes.com

So your $45 entry fees + your Dads $10 minus $60 means that you drove
home with $5 profit in your pocket and could have bought a BIg Mac with it,
you know like the bun and the beef and what ever else they put on them :D
( I wouldn't know because I haven't eaten a big mac since 1976. laffl )

Speaking of your Dad, did he get some good video and where are they?
Thanks.

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
I bet the big mac taste the same as it did 35yrs ago, I've heard they mix sugar with the salt for their
fries. I like IN-N-Out, probably the best fast food burger around and I agree they have the best fries it's the kennebec potato. One of my ex's used to order a cheeseburger without the meat, funny thing is they charged her full price.

the double del is a close second, and I love their crinkle fries

I'm sure the $$ purse will inspire other builders to compete in the pro class, although I feel
the cash should only be awarded to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, but I'm grateful.

Dad has the video converted to disc, after that I don't know what or how to do computer stuff with
it. he missed the mid-class final

Speaking of safety what about all bikes have mandatory catch cans for fuel and oil?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I bet the big mac taste the same as it did 35yrs ago, I've heard they mix sugar with the salt for their
fries. I like IN-N-Out, probably the best fast food burger around and I agree they have the best fries it's the kennebec potato. One of my ex's used to order a cheeseburger without the meat, funny thing is they charged her full price.

the double del is a close second, and I love their crinkle fries

I'm sure the $$ purse will inspire other builders to compete in the pro class, although I feel
the cash should only be awarded to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, but I'm grateful.

Dad has the video converted to disc, after that I don't know what or how to do computer stuff with it. he missed the mid-class final

Speaking of safety what about all bikes have mandatory catch cans for fuel and oil?
So we don't get no video? Too bad about the Mid range that you won.;(
I bet that Dave knows how to get the video's online.

The guys that so generously give the cash purse decide how it is doled
out. That is how the Pro's do it with cash all the way down to last place.

All 4 strokes have been required to have oil catch cans if they don't vent
back into the air filter and who wants to do that?

We had one oil spill too many on the track.

You have an oil catch can on your GX 120, right?
fuel catch can?

I don't think that the fuel catch cans are necessary especially as a
requirement for new riders.

IN-N-Out peels and slices their potatoes right before they fry them.
watch out for reFries!!! if they are still doing that BS and they don't
taste that good if they get cold.

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
Andy, Don't forget about the Double Del. I had an ex that lived around the corner from del taco and
we would visit there quite often, I had a freind that would go with us and he
would always order the double Del which I thought was strange because it is a taco joint. he
would always say how good they were and finally convinced me to try one. He was persistant for 2
years until I finally tried one and I was suprised how good they were. Now they are a close
2nd behind the double double w/ grilled onions, I always liked del taco
because they have the quesadilla w/green sauce, crinkle fries, chocolate shake.

I always lived by the rule, you don't go to a taco joint for a burger or burger joint for a
steak, Del taco proved me wrong.

David's gx120 has a catch can for oil not fuel,
he will get the dvd this weekend and I will ask him to load it up? I've seen many 2 strokes
spewing fuel onto the track.

also, if there are any Mbikes, mopeds, that have glass headlights, taillights, blinkers
they should be either removed, or taped

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
all fast food joints fries have a sugar coating to them. it's what turns them golden brown. that's why in-n-out fries are white-ish yellow, they're fresh.

problem with their fries is you have to eat them right away. after 10 minutes, they're just cold potatoes. with bible passages printed on the packaging.

i try to skip fast food, which is hard when i'm working onu the road or nights. i try to go to the mom and pop joints.

remember when jack in the box was owned by purina? no wonder their tacos don't taste like any kind if meat i've ever eaten.

funny thing is, when purina sold it to the foodmaker corp, they had that big ecoli outbreak that killed a few people and made hundreds sick.

as a kid, we took a field trip to burger king, back before the use of microwaves, when they were actually flame broiled. now they have this instant heat broiler thing, and then they throw it into the microwave to melt the cheese. next time you're there, tell them not to microwave your burger and it tastes way better.

one of kfc's secret ingredients is msg. they use huge amounts of it.

when james huberty shot up that mcdonalds in san yisidro his wife's lawyers claimed the msg in fast food drove him insane.

i met a kid who survived the mcdonalds massacre. him and his friend were outside on their bikes when the shooting started. he was shot and his friend was killed.

the kid was 10 or 12 years old and laid there bleeding next to his friend, and pretended he was dead the whole time.

that's one of the ballsiest things i've ever heard of, especially for a little kid.

a cool first prize in all classes would be a free entry to the next race.

and an in-n-out gift certificate.

Last edited:

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
I’ll put up a $10 gift certificate for 'In-N-Out for 1st place' in the unlimited motorized bicycles class, and a $10 gift certificate for 'Del Taco for 1st place' in the Mid-range class, at the next race I attend

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I’ll put up a $10 gift certificate for 'In-N-Out for 1st place' in the unlimited motorized bicycle class, and a $10 gift certificate for 'Del Taco for 1st place' in the Mid-range class, at the next race I attend
Thanks for your offer! :)
Would that next race be the Saturday June 1st date?

You won the Mid Range Class on April 13th and placed 2nd in
the 11 HP Class. Congrats.
The 11 HP Class and the Unlimited Class are combined but are
scored separately.

How are you going to handle awarding the gift certificates if you
win either of those two classes?

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
Unfortunately, we are not going to be able to make the June race, it’s too hard on Dad and I won’t race without his support. We will be at the Oct. race.

The awards are for the first racer to pass the finish line with the checkered flag, granted they complete the predetermined laps confirmed during the racers meeting, of each class, 1- for unlimited and 1- for mid-range, not necessarily the sub-class winner. I will give the prizes to the promoter when I sign in, who is you, then you can hand them out at the trophy ceremony.

I'm going to get a taco

Last edited:

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Unfortunately, we are not going to be able to make the June race, it’s too hard on Dad and I won’t race without his support. We will be at the Oct. race.

The awards are for the first racer to pass the finish line with the checkered flag, granted they complete the predetermined laps confirmed during the racers meeting, of each class, 1- for unlimited and 1- for mid-range, not necessary the sub-class winner. I will give the prizes to the promoter when I sign in, who is you, then you can hand them out at the trophy ceremony.

I'm going to get a taco
Sorry to hear you and your dad won't be at the June race . Its always good to see you guys there .

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

The awards are for the first racer to pass the finish line with the checkered flag, granted they complete the predetermined laps confirmed during the racers meeting, of each class, 1- for unlimited and 1- for mid-range, not necessarily the sub-class winner. I will give the prizes to the promoter when I sign in, who is you, then you can hand them out at the trophy ceremony.

I'm going to get a taco
Thanks Steve, this is great incentive and I plan on eating a taco too, make mine crispy shrimp!

This is a good reason to take Christophe down in the unlimited class.........I'm a gettin hungry already!

See you at Del Taco....er.....in the pits, #3

dnut

I've got the saddle and seatpost for the bmx, will bring in Oct unless you tell me differently.....

Last edited:

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Happens all the time....don't whine over it.....esp if you saddled up and ran the race anyway