No pedaling starts

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Geeze! that must be a Flintstones model!
Is it carved granite or marble?

I cringed while watching your video. That poor clutch!
It sounded like taking off in 2nd gear in a car.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Only on one start did I really slip the clutch, and that was because I let the clutch out a little too soon and pulled it back in.

Once you get the balance of the throttle and clutch their is really very little clutch slippage.

I know for years I take off without pedaling, probably done it thousands of times. But most of those times I don't come to a complete stop and have some forward momentum.

With a little practice, I don't see any premature clutch wear in my opinion if you can balance the throttle and clutch and use the torque of the motor.

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego
i used to have to do this when my bike was too low to pedal, worked fine for a month or so before i switched my set up. suprisingly my clutch pads are still in really good condition

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Looks dandy to me, Dave!
If I'm on level ground I'll give mine half a crank from a stop, but more if on an incline.
I'm abt 240 and have the stock 44rag at 1000agl on a stock 49cc chinagirl.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Absolutely cool...i just switched to a 44 from a 41 and the take off difetence is amazing...gotta try out the balancing when I get home

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i can do that on most of my bikes, but i always pedal off the line at lights, 'cause i'm usually riding in traffic, and the guy in the car behind me isn't too stoked waiting for me to pull away like a snail and take a half a block to get up to speed.

i always feel like a dork though, when i'm using the bmx holeshot technique on a 85lb vintage cruiser.