FSC Whitey

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thats a HOT looking bike! But could we get come clearer pic's? Was it very foggy in your shop? I really like the flow of the bike. Very good idea to turn the jug around and run the exhaust out the back. Whats going on with your jackshaft? ( closeup?? )

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Better photos, preferably in color would really be nice, File.
I like what I'm seeing but details would be be much appreciated.

Tom

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I think that the bike is bad A@#!
I really like the flowing lines of it and I agree that turning the cylinder around was a very smart move. The exhaust is a nice touch too!

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
well, Iam Back to toot my own horn! You wanted more details...
My Buddy had taken a few photos throughout the build. He had sent pics from I-phone and I had a heck of a time getting pics re-sized!! but anyway here are a few to look at.
I used a Scwinn Delmar Cruiser and a Sting Ray OCC chopper and combined the Two into One cool cruiser.

Attachments

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
All your effort was very well worth it!
That bike is sooo awesome!
I see your shop is as clean, neat and tidy as mine.
How's the saying go? A clean desk is the sign of a sick mind, a messy desk is the sign of a creative mind.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
FileStyle,
I know your weather isn't all that great right now but I'd truely like to see that bike out in the sunshine. It has a great look to it but we just don't have a good idea of what it really looks like. As soon as you can, haul it outdoors and snap a couple of photos for us. Really great work.

Tom

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
I appreciate the comments...
I want to share a little more detail in that build. for the most part just wanted to build something different.
when I combined the two frames together , I knew I wanted some triple tree forks and the stingray had them! However the stingray steer tube is 1 1/8" and the cruiser head set is for 1". So being on a tight budget and only using parts around the shop. I sliced off about 1" from top and bottom of the sting-ray head tube and tapped them on around the cruiser head set. They fit like a glove! I welded them on and cleaned up my welds. and it turned out fantastic. the reason I decided to do it this way is because I didnt want to cut factory welds. then that wat I can keep the frame as straight as i can. I will share another pic of whitey on the stand looking down the right side of bicycle. show some of the forks and the tank.

Attachments

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
do you have baffles in your exhaust? if not put some in, two strokes do not like straight pipes, it over scavenges the cylinder, leaning it out, and will blow up the motor. not to mention unmuffled smokers are ungodly loud and tend to piss people off, not the kind of publicity us motor bikers need.