New Build....Micargi Mustang

GoldenMotor.com

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
I decided to see about building a Mustang with the engine set back in the frame instead of in the front. I welded a short piece of frame in the lower section for the front mount to attach to. With that in place everything else seemed to just flow right just like any other bike build. I had to throw on a plain muffler so I could go for a test run. It was a blast! Now I am waiting on my new exhaust pieces and chopper forks to get here. I will finish the front disc brake setup when the forks get here. I will take some more pics as I add the new pieces to it.
Let me know what you think. I am a big boy so tell it like you see it!

Attachments

bluenosegoat

Dec 29, 2009
arizona
Very nice looking bike! looking forward to seeing what you do with your exhaust. You thinking expansion chamber? I haven't finished my bike yet either and am already missing my chamber. hmmm scratch the head and wonder which bike in my yard is gonna loose its pipe!

BikeBerryJen

Engine Diva
Oct 25, 2012
SoCal
That is sick! A lot of people ask me about mounting engines onto a chopper, I will definitely send them to this thread for inspiration! Well done!

.trk

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
Only question I have is did you weld the front mount pipe on a little long so you have room the shim the engine for a tight chain?? Would make for a cleaner look.....

But the fact is....... That is a sweet build......

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Thanks everyone!!
borntofli, I thought I left about an inch of pipe sticking out at the top. My chain was a little long and I have already used it up. So a in a while I will have to remove a link and start back at the bottom of the front pipe. Maybe adjust the idler a tad. I am running a #41 chain that I got from a farm supply and they seem to be a lot stronger than the china POS chains.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
nice mustang , they are challenging builds to mount a motor in I did one an converted it to a trike for my wife , what I want to see is how you handle the exhaust pipe .
Gary

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
I have changed my carb intake setup to the left side and have put on the voodoo exhaust pipe on the right side. I will take some pics in a couple of days and show you what I am talking about.