Bairdco Racing At Adams Sept. 15 Official Results

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Stock Class (new racers, 50cc bikes, low powered E Bikes, etc...)

1. #8 Edan 212cc 4 stroke (1st time racer. graduates to pro class for next race)
2. #114 Will (SoSauty) #3K electric
3. #6 Jeff Wolf (CCC) China
4. #96 Sin (nostyle) - China
5. #420 No Info? Can't remember your name, sorry... (china)
DNF #A200 Dennis Bell (DMB) - Morini
DNF #26 Super Harry - 4 stroke
DNF #60 Bob Turk (Turkman) - China
DNF #3 Erwin Bragg - Whizzer
DNF #40 Todd Lane - China

Pro Class (modified Chinas, Faster E Bikes, Mid 4 strokes)

1. #8 Steve (Magrider) China
2. #89 Ryan Scruggs (Arrow Cycles)
3. #98 Brian Nash (Nashmoto) 49cc 4stroke
4. #68 Norman (Venice Bikes) China

Ultimate Class (Everything Else)

1. #116 Bart- Farfle's Ebike
2. #100 Luke (Live For Physics) - Ebike
3. #69 Ken Vidal - Boxer
4. #98 Brian Nash (Nashmoto) 196cc 4 stroke
5. #3 Scotto (200cc 4 stroke)
6. #8 Steve (magrider) - 11HP Morini

Crash and Burn Trophy #116. front wheel fell off at speed in heat one, last corner.

Racer's Choice Award #40 Todd (THUD.) Drove all the way out from Michigan with his son, and destroyed every bike he touched...:)

I missed some of you, there were a bunch more DNF's, i lost some paperwork when the whirlwind came through around 4:30pm, and i'm freakin tired right now, so if this info isn't 100% accurate, sorry about that. help me out and i'll fix it...

Last edited:

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
I was a DNF on my two stroke bike , I went off the track on the turn before the long straight I managed to save it from the front end washing out but the rear tire stated to swap out and bent the rear wheel up .So I was stuck riding my four stroke , that bike ran well for the only briggs powered bike besides super harry. I need to work out a sticking clutch problem but ill get it worked out .

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
Thanks to Baird for putting on such a great, fun and successful event.

Thanks to Dad and brother, all the fellow racers, spectators, volunteers, sponsors for cheering us on in the heat. Congratulations to all the winners and finishers, The E-bikes are blazing fast, Ken (Easy Rider) can race the p*** on his H2o Boxer, Dean (Boxer) was Kens pit crew, the new track layout was perfect, Scotto has the loudest bike, I saw you can’t swing your leg over a sissy bar, We missed Ice-Man, don’t ride in the dirt or you get 100’s of thorns in your tires, my new recycled trophy looks great thanks, the 3 class format worked well, where’s my t-shirt, see you next time in the pits -magrider-

Attachments

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
We all had a blast yesterday!! The track was really fast & my bike ran well all day. (Now I just have to lose 50lbs). laff

Congrats to all the winners! (You guys worked hard for it)!
Everyone stepped it up, & there were some really fast bikes out there.
I thought the new track layout worked really well for the faster bikes. (^)
It was a little sketchy racing full throttle through that new long sweeper at night!

Thanks Baird for putting on a great race!

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Thanks Baird for putting on this race. I had a great time racing with the boys regardless it was 100+ degrees afternoon weather. Loved the lay out and we couldn't have asked for better track conditions during the Mains.
I also want to thank Magrider for lending me his tools and chain wax. His brother Flying Dutchman and Dad are great folks to be around. I enjoyed shooting the breeze with him and sorry that you couldn't take the boxer out for a quick spin after the race. My rear tire went flat the minute I got to the pits after the Mains. Hopefully I get a chance to pit with you guys in October.

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
had a great time! tied for 6th place.[best finish ever!] i away's have good time meeting and talking with everyone. hot as heck take's alot out of me but well worth it. good job baird,robert and crew. dennis now if i can only walk out to the ice chest to get a cold one.

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Thanks Baird for a good race even though you bumped to the back of the field in the beginner race .( just kidding ) And thanks to the Piston Bike guys to for helping you out .

It was hot very hot but thanks to Dennis he gave us a place to cool off and get out of the sun . Thanks Dennis for bringing the trailer and letting us all cool off in it.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Thanks Baird for a good race even though you bumped to the back of the field in the beginner race .( just kidding ) And thanks to the Piston Bike guys to for helping you out .

It was hot very hot but thanks to Dennis he gave us a place to cool off and get out of the sun . Thanks Dennis for bringing the trailer and letting us all cool off in it.
I have to say the same as Andy, You put on a great race Baird. I had a great time, thanks for letting me race in the beginner class. Ha Ha.. I have to say I have more fun on the china girl bike then the big four strokes...

Thanks Piston Bikes, always good to see you guys and the crew you bring.

Dennis...always thankful for your kindness, your a good friend.

Nice to see all the old racing friends too...Steve, Dave, Turkman, Harry all the electric guys, bajaracer, and all the new people.

When is the next one BAIRD...

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Thanks Baird for putting on another great event. Also thanks for the volunteers for helping out, lap counters, flagmen and I'm sure it was no easy task & just to add the heat makes it tougher.
It was nice seeing the same gang and making new friends.
Thanks headtrama for posting the 4-stroke heat race, I get a chance to see me run a couple of laps.
When I get a chance I'll post my gopro vid and hopefully I'll have it up within the next couple of days.

Bartimaeus

Sep 16, 2012
Bend, OR
Hey, this is Bartimaeus from the Endless-Sphere forum, just thought I'd share the link to the race thread on our forum and ask if you guys could post any good pics that you have of the ebikes. I know somebody showed me a photo of the two fastest bikes in the first curve that was really awesome, would love to get a copy of it. I'll post the link to this thread over there and ask them to post pics of gas bikes and stuff, so hopefully we can all share the love.
Here's the link to the thread: http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40938&hilit=bairdco&start=75

Cheers!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yes, it was a fun, HOT day of racing.......thanks Baird for putting on this event. It was great seeing all the usual faces and meeting some new ones as well. The racing was fun and exciting to watch and participate in as well......some good competition as usual.

And a round of thanks to everyone for their support........Piston Bikes for their scoring and track help, the e-folks for being there to smoke the gassers, all the guys in my class for giving me someone to race against (gas wise) Jeff, Andy, Ken, Brian, Dave, Steve and others. Mona and Jen were there for support and then some. Big thanks to ccc for the support on and off the track. A super BIG thanks to Dennis for always being there and giving the ultimate relief from the heat......prolly couldn't race if it weren't for you bro, you're a lifesaver. Thanks also to Norm of VMB, Shane of AGK, my girlfriend Jen for letting me race on her birthday (I owe her bigtime) and of course my bike for running faster (and louder) than ever!

Had a blast as usual and always looking forward to the next race event....

dnut

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
Rather tight heart gripping races. Lots of lead changes. Bumped my power/handling performance up but found everyone else did the same. Goat heat sticker thorn plantation. 3 class racing worked out.

Incredulious crash right in front of me, missed by inches, lucky he (Chase) was young and unhurt. Dave (Etard) finally won, at least his 1st heat. My dialed in 3K electric didn't quite hang with modded China Girls, finished last in Pro heat, by 100yds, so dropped down to less competitive Stock class. Chased #8 Edion:confused: but he rode well and outpowered me (#114). My little electric ran flawlessly but I'm a little slow for the mid-class and a little overpowered for the less competitive stock class (stuck in the middle again). I always say, "2nd place pedals hardest."

Gary pedalled 45miles to spectate and help out.
Rob and Greg of Piston Bikes gave their blood, sweat, and gears flawlessly flagging/scorekeeping, jumping in and blowing off the track and any loose ends that needed a volunteer. Pats on the backs due those 3 gents.

#98NashMoto runs a finely tuned Honda 49cc. Only a few 66cc 2strokes can best him. Scotto puts a grin on my face every race; this time he killed his loud thumper just off the start line; the pack blazing into the 1st turn and him a yanking on a quite motor. Once moving, he really did move on. One of the 70+mph electrics had an 'over protective' controller and would shut down; lose the lead, regain the lead, shut down, lose the lead, gain the lead.
.cs.

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
You meet the coolest people at these race events. Most everyone is very helpful and super friendly. One young man in particular is Thud, driving all the way from Michigan and delivering to me a brand new 99cc Predator. He went out of his way just to offer and help a fellow motorized bicycle rider and I thank him kindly (^)

And another fellow racer and awesome bike builder Jeff (ccc) was more than kind enough to help me get my a/c unit working again. On the hottest day of the year at that.

You guys rock......much appreciated!

Now back to our regulary scheduled race results.........

brnot

Thud

May 26, 2010
West Michigan
Baird,
Thanks for the event.
I have stories to tell for another year. Great meeting most of the guys & I sadly missed a few introductions(next time) & there is never enough time to hang out with everyone at the track.
All i can say is WOW about the Arrow built china girls....those thing fly, & the kids riding them were excellent also. (loved to see the clutch work coming off the corners!)
I knew my equipment was frail....but I was amazed at the thorns in the pits! 3 flats on the china girl....5+ slow leaks in myself (i set my protective gear in a nest of goat heads LOL) the track was fantastic, the heat was oppressive but a great time was had by all who showed up. I would do it all again tomorrow....driving back Tuesday morning.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Ken, Congrats on winning the gas bike 11 hp class and beating
all the 200cc 4 stroke bikes with your Morini.
I sure concur !!(^) Handed them a nice beat down this time !! That little ol '''50cc class two stroke '''Morini is tuned well. Got the new Tomar clutch dead on this time I take it... Good job !!dnut

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
it was another great race with great people.

i broke a rear motor mount stud in practice, luckily i never use loctite on anything and with a drill and a small screwdriver, i got it out. thanks to piston bikes, nostyle, and magrider for the parts and tools to get it back together.

my bike ran slower than usual, and i found out my plug was loose! tightened it up before the main, and it was running awesome. mid-race i was running 2nd, gaining on magrider, then my bike started slowing down. about lap 9 it just quit on me.

when i got home, i found out i broke the stupid mounting tab off the stupid NT carb, creating a massive airleak so it wouldn't run.

rats...

finished the races early this time, so we weren't packing up in the dark. woulda been even earlier if you guys would get on the track when you're supposed to. i mean, c'mon, i went out of my way to tell all of you that the mains start at 8:30, and so line up right away. what were you guys doing, having a prayer meeting or something? nobody has a watch? :)

the goat head thorns were a huge problem out there. i rode over a bunch of them, but i don't have those cheesy bicycle tires like you guys, so didn't get any flats. ya figure at a race track where one of the most important things are tires, they'd do something about that...

taking the tight turns out of the SE end of the track made for some really fast racing. glad we did that, it worked out great.

thanks to some of you (you know who you are) being overly generous with your entry fees i finally broke even. i appreciate it.

more thanks to gary, and greg and rob from piston bikes for the great job you guys did scoring. no mistakes and easy to figure out.

thanks to will for bringing the flags, some number plates, and everything else you did. you got off easy this time and didn't have to work as hard...:)

thanks again to everyone that showed to make this another excellent race.

special thanks to farfle and his crew, thud and his son, and everyone else who traveled all this way to race, crash, break stuff, get flats, get sunburned, and make new friends, and hang out with old ones...