99cc Predator in a Nirve B-1?

GoldenMotor.com

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Thinking about my next build, I am definitely leaning toward a 99cc Predator. Mated with a Qmatic, it seems like it would have the reliability and power that I am looking for in a motorized bicycle...

Since I already have a cantilever framed bike for my HT, I was thinking of going with something a little different for this build. I really liked the Nirve B-1 when looking for bikes for my HT build, and can get them locally.

Anyone with Preddy experience think one would fit on the B-1? The closest bike shop that carries Nirves does not keep them in stock, so I cannot go measure unless I actually buy one.

Nirve B-1 Men's Single Speed Cruiser Bike

Remove that metal insert between the top and middle bar and make an in-frame tank, swap out the bars and you should have a pretty nice ride...

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
You might not have to do all that work... I know that the Predator 99cc fits inside a Schwinn straight-bar frame without modification, as long as it sits low. Having said that you'll need a wide crank set to clear the motor if you plan on pedaling still. I haven't seen a B1 in person either so I can't give you an honest judgement. My guess is... it isn't as small as a Workman frame, but just as much if not slightly less of a belly as the Schwinn's.

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Thanks Dave! Your thread was one of the ones I was eyeballing when contemplating using a B-1 for my HT build.

My main concern would be the Preddy being a little too tall to fit under the middle/lower flat bar.

Using a picture from your thread, it gives a good example of how an HT fits. From that, I might be able to compare the height difference between a Preddy and and HT. Looks like there was about 2" of free space above the HT?

I am thinking I might have to tilt the Preddy a little...

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
You might not have to do all that work... I know that the Predator 99cc fits inside a Schwinn straight-bar frame without modification, as long as it sits low. Having said that you'll need a wide crank set to clear the motor if you plan on pedaling still. I haven't seen a B1 in person either so I can't give you an honest judgement. My guess is... it isn't as small as a Workman frame, but just as much if not slightly less of a belly as the Schwinn's.
Thanks for the reminder about the wide crank, I definitely plan on keeping the pedals to pretend it is still partially pedal powered. And it is always good to have a backup, just in case...