Bairdco Racing Series Begins June 16 in Riverside!

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
NEW UPDATES ON PAGE 1.

also, i'm allowing the moped gang to come down, but they will be in their own, seperate class.

if any gas (or electric) bikes feel like challenging them and racing against them, you can run in their class.

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
You know I'm there, just depends on which of my e-bike runs cleanest (won't be the mini-cute motor).

Love those banked turns. The narrow track ought to play in my favor as a Texan's elbows take up much of the track.

.flg.

Last edited:

superharry

Mar 10, 2012
Mira Loma, CA.
money willing, I'l be there! Besides, I need to find out if the "mods" are gonna work. I was able to finally / kinda jet my carb, added 3 degrees advance on timing, and lowered my H/bars. It' like a new machine!

motobike

Apr 14, 2012
Los Angeles
I would like to see this event, but not race. So, as a spectator, can I pay the $5.00 and have pit access, or do I have to be part of a crew that is racing?

OG-Whizzerdude

Nov 28, 2011
Blythe, CA
I sort of left myself wide open for that one. I can just imagine a loose dog on the track!
My guess is, no dogs’ period. Not even on a leash as a spectator. I’m I right?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I sort of left myself wide open for that one. I can just imagine a loose dog on the track!
My guess is, no dogs’ period. Not even on a leash as a spectator. I’m I right?
Dogs on leashes are allowed at Grange and they have been at most races.
It's going to be hot so it really isn't a good place for a dog unless you have
an air conditioned camper.
You cannot leave a dog in your car.
On the Sunday after the June 2nd Grange race there was a go karting family
that bought their guinea pigs in a cage.
We also got to handle and play with a snake. Will have pics soon when my
"photographer" gets back from Seattle.

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
motobike, yeah, you can pay 5 bucks and recieve a wristband that will allow you to park and hang out in the pits, even if you're not racing.

if you want to ride the track during practice, you can pay the $35. you don't have to race. and the first class is mostly for people who just want to cruise, beginners, and the slowest bikes, so it's less competitive.

c'mon down and check it out!

Last edited:

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
there's open practice (for karts, not us) in the morning starting at 7. the gates will be open anyway for people camping out, so you can get there as early as you want.

i have the track from 2pm till 10pm.

as soon as you're signed up and get a wristband, you can get on the track to practice.

racing will start at 4pm.

there will be a half hour break after the 1st heats are run, then the 2nd heats will run.

after the 2nd heats there'll be at least an hour of open practice, probably 2.

then the finals.

i won't have an exact schedule until the day of the race. i don't know how many people are showing up. i'd like to schedule a full day of racing, and get full use of the track, but i can't do that without a rough idea of who's coming.

and no, you don't have to be packed up and gone at 10pm, just off the track.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Wanna go so bad! But, its looking like I will be working. We are a little behind at work and I just don't see anyway the boss is going to give me the time off. I sat on my butt too long when I was injured now I have to pay the price.

Spoke to Alex last night and his trip to Mexico may not happen so he is hopeful in making it.