OCC Stingray Chopper lights

GoldenMotor.com

deepblue

Apr 21, 2012
Colorado
Anyone know of a good way to wire on a light kit? I have blinkers, tail/brake lights and headlights, as well as switch handles to activate them, but I ran into a snag with the blinkers because the handles don't make them blink, just turn them off and on, any suggestions? I can't find much about people putting lights on these things...

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
if you have a china 2 stroke engine, don't hook the lights to the white wire from the engine.
you're engine won't run because the lights will steal power from the magneto which will decrease the power going to the cdi and give you a spark so weak, that the engine won't even run.

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
if you have a china 2 stroke engine, don't hook the lights to the white wire from the engine.
you're engine won't run because the lights will steal power from the magneto which will decrease the power going to the cdi and give you a spark so weak, that the engine won't even run.
all true however using the white wire to power charger,to battery,to power lights will not. ive used the magneto charger sold by creative creations as well as the 6 volt generator/stator also sold by cc.with no draw from cdi.they also have 12 volt systems. as far as blinkers not blinking only turning on may need to wire in flasher relay,not sure as ive not had such a prob on bike.but needed new one on car.

deepblue

Apr 21, 2012
Colorado
I do have a 12v battery mounted on the bike, so powering it isn't my problem, I just bought a set of brake/clutch levers with light switches that were for a scooter and realized I need to make the blinkers blink still... Also need some way to activate the brake light when I pull the lever if anyone has any suggestions.