San Diego's 12th Group Ride

GoldenMotor.com

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
TONY THAT LOOKS AMAZING!!!! Absolutely completely changes the look of your bike. Glad John and Sterling took care of you over there!!! You told them I sent ya right???

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey Hawaii,

After drooling over your Phantom Bikes exhaust pipe and listening to the wonderful growl, I went over there (Mira Mesa) and picked up a pipe, installed it and can't believe the BIG rumble!!! Thanks again!

Maxvision, I removed the shroud and backing plastic behind the pull starter (mostly for looks) and liked the result! The guys over at Phantom say that taking off that stuff will not result in an overheated engine (that is, if you don't sit at any lights tooooooooo loooooooong!). I think that the engine looks much better with the cylinder heat sinks exposed!! Not so much like a "Lawn mower" engine! Ha!
Look at you Mr. Smarty pants.....pulling shrouds, puttin on loud pipes. I thought you said loud pipes wouldn't fly in your neighborhood? Well I doubt it's as loud as your Harley!

Looks good Tony, keep it coming till we ride again.....

dnut

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
Hawaii, yep I told John and Sterling that you had referred me to them; they only increased the price by 15% when I used your name! Ha!

Scotto- I figured the growling 4 stroker couldn't be nearly as loud as the Hooker Header pipes on the Road King; so I went for it! The neighbors need a little excitement in their lives, too! Attached some pics of the Harley before and after the run to Nova Scotia three summers ago.

Attachments

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Is that hog full dress or what? Beautiful man! Now pipe down....the neighbors are gettin a little ticked at the noise laff

dnut

Hawaii, yep I told John and Sterling that you had referred me to them; they only increased the price by 15% when I used your name! Ha!

Scotto- I figured the growling 4 stroker couldn't be nearly as loud as the Hooker Header pipes on the Road King; so I went for it! The neighbors need a little excitement in their lives, too! Attached some pics of the Harley before and after the run to Nova Scotia three summers ago.

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Hey Hawaii,

Maxvision, I removed the shroud and backing plastic behind the pull starter (mostly for looks) and liked the result! The guys over at Phantom say that taking off that stuff will not result in an overheated engine (that is, if you don't sit at any lights tooooooooo loooooooong!). I think that the engine looks much better with the cylinder heat sinks exposed!! Not so much like a "Lawn mower" engine! Ha!
Ahhh....MUCH nicer look Tony. I take back half of all I've said about the 4 strokes...lol.

Actually, my only complaint about the 4 strokes was the lawnmower engine shroud. And after riding Scotto-'s 4 stroke I am very impressed with them. Took me a while to get used to not having to pedal to get going and Scotto-'s brake lever wasn't the clutch...kind of suprising to think you're pulling in the clutch for coasting and before braking but didn't take long to retrain myself.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I just wanted to thank Maxvision for turning me loose in his shop so I could fix my CVT that broke on the ride, that is really cool of you man! I took the beast for a ride today.......good as gold! Here's how it turned out.......

That was very generous of you Bro, you're a great friend to have....thanks again!

scotto-

Ahhh....MUCH nicer look Tony. I take back half of all I've said about the 4 strokes...lol.

Actually, my only complaint about the 4 strokes was the lawnmower engine shroud. And after riding Scotto-'s 4 stroke I am very impressed with them. Took me a while to get used to not having to pedal to get going and Scotto-'s brake lever wasn't the clutch...kind of suprising to think you're pulling in the clutch for coasting and before braking but didn't take long to retrain myself.

Last edited:

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
Hey Scotto- did you build the plate in the above pics or is that the part from culvercityclassics? Nice work! Kinda makes my mouth water - 212cc on a BICYCLE!!!

Maxvision, you're the MAN!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey Scotto- did you build the plate in the above pics or is that the part from culvercityclassics? Nice work! Kinda makes my mouth water - 212cc on a BICYCLE!!!

Maxvision, you're the MAN!
Culvercityclassic sent me a cast plate made of aluminum as pictured below:

This one I made up at Maxvisions shop, shown next to the broken red billet plate:

My welds look like turds in a punchbowl rotfl

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
So guy, good news. I've got a herd of kids up here near Rancho Bernardo getting their bikes up and running as we speak. Might get a good L.A. type turnout of 20 or more riders on one of our next rides.

They also have a sweet route through backroads from Rancho Bernardo to Encinitas with lots of twists and turns on them!!!

Hawaii...I'll keep you posted when they're all up and running and ready to rock and roll.

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
Alright Max!!! That sounds like it would be great!!! Something different too. Keep me in the loop.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Hey Hawaii,

After drooling over your Phantom Bikes exhaust pipe and listening to the wonderful growl, I went over there (Mira Mesa) and picked up a pipe, installed it and can't believe the BIG rumble!!! Thanks again!

Gosh Tony that looks good!! Any chance of a measurment of the outside diameter? Thinking bout slipping something like this over it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Fisht...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb7ee761d&vxp=mtr Thats if the fishtail one the Phantom boys have is un-muffeled...