first nice day , first nice ride ! HOT DOG !

GoldenMotor.com

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I took if out today ,first long ride put 5 miles on it didn't go faster than 15 mph an fought with myself not to start rolling on the throttle this bike has nice power for climbing the hills around my area , an people dont know what to do when over taking me ! its toooooo funny ! so far all of them were twisting their heads off as I went by an giving plenty of room as they passed .
so here ya go gentlemen the ride vid.
drive by 001.AVI - YouTube

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Very NICE stretch bike!
Don't be afraid to run the engine at full throttle under a load such as climbing a small hill during the break in period. Only do it for 5-10 seconds or so at a time, then let it recover at a mild riding pace for a while.....Then repeat at your leisure.
This is actually required in order to let the piston rings bed into the cylinder properly.

Do this early in the engine's break in and all through the break in period.
After 50 miles or so the rough honed surface that the cylinder has from manufacturing will have been worn smooth and the piston rings will have a more difficult time wearing in quickly to develop the best sealing potential possible.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks for sharing that fine ride with us. Congratulations on a superb build. Now if Mother Nature would give you a break.................. :)

Tom