Firetruck bike

GoldenMotor.com

dan1150

Sep 25, 2011
wisconsin
OK, here's what I got, DYNO Roadster, It's bright, bright red. I like the color. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with it. I was cleaning my garage, I know big mistake. Anyway I found a dead fire extinguisher,darned if it doesn't match the bike, to my eye anyway. Than it dawned on me if I could make the extinguisher or two maybe work as a gastank and some custom ladders made into a rear rack, siren, lights, Am I missing anything. I know it's Newyears eve and ihad a few beers, but my head is spinning with ideas not alchohol, Any suggestions or tips let me know, THANKS.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
OK, here's what I got, DYNO Roadster, It's bright, bright red. I like the color. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with it. I was cleaning my garage, I know big mistake. Anyway I found a dead fire extinguisher,darned if it doesn't match the bike, to my eye anyway. Than it dawned on me if I could make the extinguisher or two maybe work as a gastank and some custom ladders made into a rear rack, siren, lights, Am I missing anything. I know it's Newyears eve and ihad a few beers, but my head is spinning with ideas not alchohol, Any suggestions or tips let me know, THANKS.
mount a small firemans axe , would probably work best if made of wood or plastic just thinking of the weight factor an a first aid kit made from an ammo box .
this is a super sweet idea. you got me thinking now police theme say something from the 1900's ?
Gary

dan1150

Sep 25, 2011
wisconsin
Cool idea Gnu, how about a shovel, like an army etool, I'm thinking home wooden ladders that also serve as a rear rack, a nice brass bell on front. This is gonna be fun, like a treasure hunt for parts, THANKS for help.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
no prob , I used to be a fire man , but theres so much you could put on there thats just insanell heavy or large tho , you would need a trailer !

KS Firefighter

Feb 9, 2012
Netawaka,Kansas
I am just getting into building my first motorbike kit gets here tomorrow haha using a 90 dollar wallyworld granite peak bike but going into my 5th year of being a volunteer firefighter for 2 different departments and an independent contractor for the Bureau of Indian Affairs as a type 2 wildland firefighter I have to say i love this idea and it is already inspiring me to at least attempt to make the extinguisher tank or maybe try to shorten up an old steel scba tank to turn into a fuel tank and id like to have a 343 commemorative kind of paint job on my tank eventually as well (343 fallen brothers on 9-11). Ideas are spawning as I type this but gotta get some sleep for work tomorrow haha.

also a small ladder wouldn't be hard to make with a couple pieces of wood and some dowel rods sanded down and varnished.

KS Firefighter

Feb 9, 2012
Netawaka,Kansas
I am just getting into building my first motorbike kit gets here tomorrow haha using a 90 dollar wallyworld granite peak bike but going into my 5th year of being a volunteer firefighter for 2 different departments and an independent contractor for the Bureau of Indian Affairs as a type 2 wildland firefighter I have to say i love this idea and it is already inspiring me to at least attempt to make the extinguisher tank or maybe try to shorten up an old steel scba tank to turn into a fuel tank and id like to have a 343 commemorative kind of paint job on my tank eventually as well (343 fallen brothers on 9-11). Ideas are spawning as I type this but gotta get some sleep for work tomorrow haha.

also a small ladder wouldn't be hard to make with a couple pieces of wood and some dowel rods sanded down and varnished.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Kinda funny I had just checked out this thread earlier today ! so I am kind awaiting to see this build start .

Codiferous

Aug 31, 2012
Miami, FL

Any updates?