NewOrleans?

GoldenMotor.com

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Any Big Easy riders out there?
Yea the call me the motorbike man in the French Qtr. I've sold several of my "Chrome Cruisers there.
I work as a restoration specialest in the Qtr, and keep a MB in the back of my truck . I use it when I need something from hdw or go after lunch so I don't loose my truck parjing space.
I regularly cruise the Qtr From Bourbon St to Frenchman St where I stay, every evening I'm there, with whatever my current bike is.
THe police are very MB friendly there.

Last edited:

fastfingas

Dec 25, 2011
New Orleans
Yea i hear ya I'm on the west bank and regularly rde the ferry across to the quater and frenchmen the apple barrel to be spicific sometimes ride out to mackies bar have afew spend the day i used to live rite there on Kerlerec st. yea!!!!

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
I'm on the westbank, too. Myself and a buddy of mine have a couple of MBs. We don't ride that far, but we LOVE riding when we do. We should all get together sometime (when it gets a tad bit warmer). I'm in Marrero off of LeFeate, my buddy lives behind West-Jeff Hospital.

fastfingas

Dec 25, 2011
New Orleans
man as they say Small world,,,,,,I'm in Harvey right off gretna blvd yea we can get together i usally ride to the Algiers ferry.. It's a nice ride on the levee,,,keep in touch

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I stay in a house on Frenchman near the Apple Barrel when I'm there working.
My MB is usualy locked to the tree in front every eve around sunset when i'm in town.

Danil Netu

Feb 10, 2012
New Orleans
Hey!
I live in St Roch.
Just get one MB. But it doesn't work well.
If there is someone who want to help me to start it?
I will provide beer and chips!
And second question: is there is a store where i can buy parts like clutch cables or something? Or i should order it over internet?

Thank you!

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Go to Plan B, the used bike shop at 1026 Eleysan Fields. There is a guy that works there some days that can work on them. Or talk to a big guy named Victor.He can get you in contatct with the MB guy.

I built and sold 6 mb's there in the last 2 years that I have lived and worked there, but I just moved back home this week.

I never found anyplace to find exact replacement parts other than nuts/bolts/chain but on-line.

I bought all my kits and most replacement parts on ebay from BGF. I have also sourced some adaptable parts like fuel valves and filters and plugs from auto parts stores. I have also bought some custom stuff from some of the vendors of this site.

Danil Netu

Feb 10, 2012
New Orleans
Cool!
Yeah, i want to work there, in Plan B.
Did you enjoy the business building MB's and selling it?
:-||
I thought about it.
Thank you!

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Well, they let anybody work there as vollenteers. The city gives them confiscated and abandoned bikes, they strip them down and put the parts in bins. you can do a little work and then build a bike for yourself for free, or give them about 25 bux and just build yourself one from parts, or buy parts mega cheep for your projects. My favorite hunting ground for used bike parts.

fastfingas

Dec 25, 2011
New Orleans
,,,,,,,,this is just a keep in touch yell out! Went across the river last weekend but too windy and cold to enjoy myself,, but i still did 20 miles.......

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I used to live in the Quarter ( Royal crossing St. Ann ) I miss New Orleans, I wish I was riding A MB back then.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Yea, the police there are very MB friendly. I lived on Royal at Frenchman. Gotta luv DBA, Applebarrel,Spotted cat, CheckpointCharlies ect .Eat, drink, Be merry(or Mary LOL not me), and walk couple blocks home

J-Olinde

Sep 19, 2011
Covington, LA
Well, it seems I have to sell my bike and am currently looking for buyers. It is a 58cc Grubee on a Giant Boulder. The rear wheel has a heavy duty axial and a band brake. If anyone is interested, feel free to contact me via email ([email protected]) or cell (985-502-6234).

fastfingas

Dec 25, 2011
New Orleans
comeon J O, so what happened ? you got another one?? I've got too many bikes now,not counting my harley lowrider so I'm not gonna bid,, but whats the problem I know ur were looking for some help,,

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
Gentlemen,
I just got back from New Orleans and was amazed that I saw 4 motorized bikes in one day walking around and about the French Quarter on my 1st day there (2 on Bourban, 1 on Royal, and one on Decatur). I see huge opportunity for someone to start a motorized bike shop or rent MB bikes (with governors, centrifugal clutches, and huge rear sprockets to limit top speed to 12-15 mph) to stupid tourists like me ;-)
Anyway, I had a great time. I should have visited the French Quarter 20 years ago when I was single and better trained in consuming large volumes of adult beverages. Had great time and enjoyed great food at Mothers, Coops Place, Flanagans, and several other places. Greatly enjoyed the Hurricanes and Grenades and while not a big beer drinker, I did find Purple Haze tasty even though I was made fun of for drinking a girlie beer.

As much fun as it was, I did get homesick for Colorado. It was cooler in Colorado Springs with 92 deg F temps then it was in New Orelans at 78 deg F (at time we left today). I'll take a dry heat over cooler humidity and temps anyday.....