The infidel

GoldenMotor.com

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
The infindel

new throttle today from SBP just came in (the NT one in case your wandering which will work on a thumper) this is one is nice and thick and a well built throttle well worth the twenty bucks the action is fast to snaps right back .

.wee.

still working on my clearance issue hopefully new shaft helps it just waiting on mail man

(if anyone is wandering about the motorcycle in the back its a old 1979 sr 500 yamaha a 500cc thumper one of the last thumpers realy built)

Last edited:

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
The trailer anyone have some names for it ?

trailer free
sign 50 bucks at home depot
bolts /spray paint / circular saw blade for aluminum 25

so far only into this thing 75 bucks not bad should haul plenty of cargo around for some realy long trips i want to use it mainly for fishing bolt my ammo cans in with plenty of room for rods and a ice chest . should also be able to pull double duty as a grocery getter .

had some good weather today so went to the local home depot and was going to only see what i could see and use for the trailer then vola saw this sign dimensions of it were perfect 30X30 trailer is 21X30 so that left me room to make sides with .

painted it tan to match the bike trying to think of things to paint on it maybe a star or two white or black idk sugestions welcome .will be putting my motorbicycling.com stickers on it thats a definite.

maybe some sort of reflector on the back to help me not get ran over .

this aluminum is nice and thick and rust proof what else is nice is that its easy to cut with a very fine saw blade for a circular saw just go nice and slow with the cutting.

if you can think of names for it or what to paint on it let me know guys .

ride safe

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Looks great Andrew. Has the cat ridden in it yet?

"Gone Fishin'"?

Been planing a trailer for a while. (Built one but it never got finished or road worthy) But think they all should have a flag on the rear left corner at the height of a car driver. I hate when cars pass to close and am hoping this would cause them to give me a little searoom when they pass. Just thunking out loud and in text.

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
Flags a good idea.

and thats Casanova he books it every time my bike starts up dont know why my weimaraner gets a kick out of it though .

GONE FISHING

Is what i will name the trailer works perfectly for me thanks dan .

supernaut

Jan 8, 2012
KY
Thanks for the sharing the build and ideas. I'm trying to get my own rig going, but have been kinda busy and lack bike kit skills. This forum (members) have been helpful with the archive build posts.

Back on topic, I think INFIDEL scribed in Arabic and maybe a POW/MIA logo would suit the trailer nicely. US flag on bumper, but maybe keep the other two on the trailer deck. OPSEC and all that... Be well. J.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Andrew, Are we going to get to see this bike on the trails this spring?

If you bring the trailer we can all pile our extra fuel/lunch/beer/smokes in it and maybe we'll each throw in a few cents for your fuel. :)

Thanks for sharing the progress with us. See ya soon.
Tom

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
gone fishing

im defiantly going to bring the bike this spring just working out the last couple kinks with the new 4G output shaft which should arrive any day now .

found a old broken CB antenna(only some of the tips busted wont work for cb i ng anymore.) i had laying around with the mount which will perfectly for the flag pole now just for the flag hmmmmmm.

included a pic with the ice chest just for you tom iam defiantly okay with hauling beverages and gear around .

still working on how i want to put infidel on the bike id ike to somehow paint it on but will probably just put a sticker on though .

thanks for the ideas guys

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Re: gone fishing

still working on how i want to put infidel on the bike id ike to somehow paint it on but will probably just put a sticker on though .

thanks for the ideas guys

Make a template or stencil using masking tape. Draw out your "infidel design" on a strip of masking tape. When your done drawing carefully cut what you want out with a exacto knife. Then simply place it where you want on the bike and mask off the surrounding area and paint.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Andrew,
My idea for a picture for your name, 'The Infidel' would look something like you'd see on 'Nose Art' on WWII bombers and fighters.

Picture a scantily clad cutie with a sheer vail over the lower part of her face.
I'm sure the folks from 'sand land' would hate it, but how many of those are you going to find in Colorado? :)

Tom

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
things on their way to me .

EZM qmatic
41 chain with four masterlinks
2 new fuel filters(stupid free shipping amazon)

the 4g dream is over gonna use the ezm like i should have to begin with .

cross your fingers hope to be out and rideing this weekend .

gonna try my luck at posting vids later tonight.

still lots of stuff to do but its cool watching everyones elses builds this winter .

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO

ezm came yesterday sean the local ezm dealer was kind enough to bring it by the house for me.

just had to re tap two of the holes i striped out on my engine my fault not the ezm

the new transmisson is super lightweight very strong . with the cover on i took it around the block just pedaling (still waiting on my chain ) my pedals clear the engine just fine may get a extender to kick them out just so . but for know they work great .

im going to try it with a 50 th first then work my way up to the 56 th i know they come standard with the 56th just looking for a little comparison . this is so i can see the difrence and see what size sprocket adatptor i will get for the rear . probably this wensday i will put up a video if all goes well

almost forgot saw the predator engines at the local harbor freight what a group of nice looking engines think that my next build will be one mated with the low rpm ezm been pokeing around on craiglsit for another good mountain bike .

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Your gonna want to use at least the 56T. The gearbox is set up to use the 56T. Anything lower there will be way to much clutch slippage which could lead to problems you may not want. A 60T will help the engine pick up faster without sacrificing much if anything on the top end. The EZM gearing is a lot different then that of the 4G or other gearboxes.
What are you going for: top speed, acceleration, pulling power & hills, all around, ???

DFlanagan

May 23, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO

ezm came yesterday sean the local ezm dealer was kind enough to bring it by the house for me.

just had to re tap two of the holes i striped out on my engine my fault not the ezm

the new transmisson is super lightweight very strong . with the cover on i took it around the block just pedaling (still waiting on my chain ) my pedals clear the engine just fine may get a extender to kick them out just so . but for know they work great .

im going to try it with a 50 th first then work my way up to the 56 th i know they come standard with the 56th just looking for a little comparison . this is so i can see the difrence and see what size sprocket adatptor i will get for the rear . probably this wensday i will put up a video if all goes well

almost forgot saw the predator engines at the local harbor freight what a group of nice looking engines think that my next build will be one mated with the low rpm ezm been pokeing around on craiglsit for another good mountain bike .
I'm going to have to stop by and check that four stroke. I just order an upgraded clutch for my Morini. Should be here this next week. I'll contact you when it's installed.