Dallas Motor Bicycle Ride

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
My friends,

happycheapskate, Ruby478, and myself, biknut, would like to invite any and all MBers that can make it, to come ride with us around White Rock Lake, Dallas.

Saturday October 15th 12 noon
Meet in the parking lot behind the dog park at

Mockingbird and W Lawther Dr. S/E corner

We'll be there at 12 noon, and leave at 12:30

pm me for directions or phone #

We don't care if you bring your bike on the car carrier. You should be able to park right there for free.

Forget about rain, the weathers all good.

It's roughly 9 miles around the lake. We plan to mostly ride the lake road where possible. There's a couple of short distances where we may have to peddle it, but we can decide the exact route as we go.

This is Texas so I expect about 6 or 7 hundred Motor Bicycles will show up. Either that or maybe just the 3 people I know of lol.

Pm us for directions.

http://www.whiterockdogpark.org/about.htm

Come out and ride.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I should have mentioned you get to the parking lot off of Lawther. The dog park faces Mockingbird.

Pm us for directions.

Last edited:

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I will ride! I ride this lake frequently on pedal bikes. I have ridden around it on a motor bicycle (pedaling the whole way motor off), and have ridden around the park road with motor on, several times.

The dog park is here: About the White Rock Dog Park 8000 E. Mockingbird Lane in Dallas

Photo http://cbk3.google.com/cbk?output=t...2.852667,-96.725251&thumbpegman=1&w=300&h=118

See on Google Maps here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=32.85...&sspn=0.04186,0.020982&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=0&z=18 (There is an extra, small parking lot west of that one, see map)

Note, the dog owners (and most dogs there) are friendly, but they are NOT required to be on leashes in the parking lot or the dog run (in fence area). We might want to socialize a bit, check our bikes, and pedal a block away before cranking them over. Restrooms or porta cans at dog park area.

Ride directions (for least amount of pedaling, and considering 1way traffic at lawther/78) :
(ok, computer not sucking, can finish editing)

We can start at dog park, have to pedal a little to West Lawther, http://maps.google.com/maps?q=32.84...03601,0.004812&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=0&z=20&iwloc=A (street view) This street West Lawther goes more than halfway down the west side of the lake, closely following the bicycle path. Where West Lawther runs out and meets the bicycle path and parking lot, we take http://maps.google.com/maps?q=32.82...sspn=0.006295,0.006295&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=0&z=17 White Rock Road shortly, to Winstead Drive, which goes south a couple miles to 7/11 store at TX-78 Garland Road. We can break there, or skip it if everyone has drinks, snacks, etc, and go directly on the bicycle path across the street , where we pedal across the scenic bridge and past the concrete spillway, up the hill a mile to East Lawther, and loop back to the Dog Park via the bicycle bridge over the north side of the lake. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=32.85...sspn=0.003601,0.004812&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=0&z=20

My bet is you will have so much fun you ride it twice! There are lots of places to stop and rest, or places to picnic, a couple places to get water, and not many restrooms. The area is full of great scenery and relatively flat, and a good place to chill out. A lot of people on road motorcycles swing through this area and go around the lake road.

There is a cool pizza place called Tonys, north of the lake, on Northwest Highway, which we can get to by taking Lake Highlands drive from the "cultural bathhouse" on Lawther, if you want some more ride time and pizza after the first loop.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Yep, I been ready for a couple weeks now. As a matter of fact I've been purposely staying away from White Rock just for Saturday.

So far, lets see how many people have contacted me. Looks like about...............
...................................................................................................................1

but he said he can't make it, lol!! Me, and Bruce will be there though.

Someone may show up we don't know about. We better wait a while in the parking lot before we leave, probably 30 minutes.

So if we get there about 12, and leave at 12:30

Ruby478

Apr 2, 2011
Dallas,Tx
i wonder how the fudge im gonna get there i dont know my way there but my bike is as ready as its gonna get

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
i wonder how the fudge im gonna get there i dont know my way there but my bike is as ready as its gonna get
Don't worry I'll pick you up in my van. I'm bringing Bruce too, so we can ride together. I'll call you when I'm on the way.

Ruby478

Apr 2, 2011
Dallas,Tx
cool that means i should refill my gas tank in case i run out and need to fill up, man if i blow a gasket im gonna be madder than all heck........ so if anyone has any extra ones bring some im gonna bring a tool kit and pump ....... id advise everyone to bring at least one pair of tubes for their bikes just in case there's a flat ........ i look forward to seeing all the different bikes

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I'm still coming. My wife is having a surgery Friday, so if Grandpa and Grandpa cannot help her watch my baby, I may have to bring along my daughter (toddler). If so I will be able to show off my mb (for sale too), and maybe fool around with it on the parking lot, but will just pedal bike the lake after meeting. Hopefully sister in law or grandpa can help though. Will see you there! http://motoredbikes.com/picture.php?albumid=1269&pictureid=8448

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm still coming. My wife is having a surgery Friday, so if Grandpa and Grandpa cannot help her watch my baby, I may have to bring along my daughter (toddler). If so I will be able to show off my mb (for sale too), and maybe fool around with it on the parking lot, but will just pedal bike the lake after meeting. Hopefully sister in law or grandpa can help though. Will see you there! http://motoredbikes.com/picture.php?albumid=1269&pictureid=8448
Good idea. Any local MB riders, even if you can't ride with us, how about trying to come and meet us in the parking lot before the ride? Check out our bikes, and we can get to know each other a little.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Yeah, even if I have to split, there will be other times I can ride, usually Saturdays or Sundays. We usually have a long time here before it gets really cold and nasty.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Cool, I can make it. Aunt is watching my daughter, while I ride the Mb, so I get a couple hours. That should do it. If you don't see me there, call me so I can find you guys.

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
Wish I could make it, but Iv'e got so much to do here it's not even funny. Have fun riding guys, and take some vidoes for the not so fortunate riders that can't be there. :)

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
The 1st Dallas MB Ride at WRL was a success. There were several riders, including myself, plus Bikenut and 2 friends. Bikenut promised to upload his home movie from the bike-cam. I had a good time. I went back and rode around again with my kid (pedaled the park bike/jog path and motored up a couple hills).

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
If you told me before the ride that we'd have 2 flat tires and a blown head gasket, before we got half way around the 10 mile lake, I probably would have been thinking that's not a good time. I would have been wrong though, because we had a great time.

The weather was perfect, sunny and in the 80s. The lake was crowded with bicycles, and the reactions we were getting ranged from OMG, who let you in here, to where can I get me one of those, lol? We were quite a spectacle. I'm pretty sure Dallas has never seen 4 gas powered motor bicycles riding together, one pulling a trailer before. White Rock was the perfect place for us to ride and get the most exposure possible.

Hopfully each time we get together more and more people will show up.

Last edited: