Its over

GoldenMotor.com

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
There is only one situation that would warrant someone's spoken word to be able to prevent him from riding his motorized bike.

That situation would be if he was out on bail and it was a condition of his bail ordered by a judge that he is not to ride his bike while he out on bail. Violating that would be a contempt charge.

Since it was told to him after court and after the case was dismissed - it holds no water, and if anything it would be a suggestion.

tbolt76

Jul 26, 2009
deltona fl
I only sold my bike cause that thing is a piece of crap it kept falling apart one thing after another and it spent 98% of its time in the shop i really dont care what some geriatric donut eating freak says. If it was in good condition i would ride it (probably at night you cant see the motor at all then) I hope theres a day that they will be legal but for now im getting a motorcycle! My original intended purpose for the mb was to drive it to universal and back a 80 mile round trip.

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
I only sold my bike cause that thing is a piece of crap it kept falling apart one thing after another and it spent 98% of its time in the shop i really dont care what some geriatric donut eating freak says. If it was in good condition i would ride it (probably at night you cant see the motor at all then) I hope theres a day that they will be legal but for now im getting a motorcycle! My original intended purpose for the mb was to drive it to universal and back a 80 mile round trip.
But if they dismissed the case.. Doesn't that mean you can ride one without problems... Since you won?!?
I'm still confused... They pulled you over, gave you tickets (how many tickets and what for?), you go to court, they dismiss the case and you're free to go! So why can't you ride now?

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
They let him go as a warning and to be nice. That judge is wrong. These cannot be registered, will never be registered. Arnett proved that these are motorized bicycles in the Paula vs. Paxton case. My arraignment date is next friday. I'll post what happens. If they try to pull that:i'll let u go cuz i don't wann deal with u and u look like a nice guy but u still cant ride stunt on me, i'll deny it, and demand a jury trial. The statute states u cant register one and they are not mopeds, they are motorized bicycles. They just don't add gas in the difinition and therefore the law thinks they are mopeds. The judge don't even know the law. Thats sad. As long as your engine is 50ccs and under your fine, cuz 50cc's and under is less than 2hp, even though these sites are saying they are 2. They keep raising it. Bike berry says 49cc and 66ccs have 4-5 hp, which is absolutely a marketing lie just to get engines sold to make money. They coy the details under 80cc engines and paste it under 50cc engines details. Engines that have a pull start are self propelled cuz they can go from a dead stop with the engine off to moving without the driver pedaling. China girls that u have to pedal are not self propelled. Anything pull start is self propelled, except lawn mowers that don't have the self propelled system. I will fight this as long as need be to get our voice heard and for the jury to see the real facts . This is ridiculous.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
A pull starter doesn't guarantee that you don't have to pedal. When my engine was on a trike I had a pull starter. No matter how much I slipped the clutch it would not go from a dead stop.

Terry

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Well, yeah, but u get my point right? Most pull start friction drive go from a dead start, unless its not made perfectly by the manufacturer or is worn out etc.

Rmerac

Aug 29, 2011
Independence, MO
I find this whole thing quite similar to marijuana's legalization.. (don't ask why, it's just something in my head that makes it click).. anyways.. the fact that there are so many people after pot's legality, makes me wonder.. hmm.. if people actually fought this stupid law, especially when in most counties it's totally acceptable whereas in other counties it's a crime, then motorized bicycles will from then on out be considered bicycles with motors added, rather than mopeds (which are absolutely two different things in my opinion).

The way I see it.. is if something isn't powerful enough to drive on the highway/freeway/interstate/(whatever) then it shouldn't be required to have a registration/license/etc. I don't know.. it's like a go kart.. you don't see go kart owners being pushed to purchase registration just to drive their little home made vehicle around town/neighborhoods. Unless the vehicle is made by a legit manufacturer such as Honda, Harley, Suzuki, then really.. it's simply a home made or internet store assisted creation.

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
The way I see it.. is if something isn't powerful enough to drive on the highway/freeway/interstate/(whatever) then it shouldn't be required to have a registration/license/etc. I don't know.. it's like a go kart.. you don't see go kart owners being pushed to purchase registration just to drive their little home made vehicle around town/neighborhoods.
Methinks that to be not the best analogy....go karts. They are pretty much illegal on public roads as far as I know. It's like ATVs, they have been pretty legislated out of the picture as far as using them on public ways, that and the accident rate with them has them squeezed even in a lot of off-road venues on public lands.

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
yea the go kart anology is only proving the opposite of your point.
go karts are not allowed to drive on the road nor be registered.

we are looking to drive on the road.

Rmerac

Aug 29, 2011
Independence, MO
Well, my apologies, disregard what I said. I guess I wasn't aware of the illegality of them. ha.. but regardless, I still believe it's well unfair. That's basically what I'm saying, more bluntly.