Denver Area Ride IV

GoldenMotor.com

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Dave is out picking up parts for his bike we should b oth be their
That will be cool the more the better. IDK if Will is going to attend, Tom said he has a lender MB that Will could use if interested; I think he might have to work that Saturday so he's 50/50 at this point

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
So how many does that make? This could be one of our biggest rides.
Me, Ted, Frank, George, Ben and mdlee and his son. Who else? Duane? Where are you? Van, will you be there? Where/what are we gonna eat? A cold brewski along the way wouldn't be so bad. Smash Burger has beer. And, we'd be right next door to Apple Jack's. :)
Tom

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
As of now dave and I will be attending....I need to come up with a new xtra bottle setup....I wore a hole in my extra fuel bottle....easy issue....

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Well I'm doing what I can to make this ride. Everything with the bike is good to go and I'm ever anxious. However, there's just no baby yet; the newborn was supposed to be here on July 5th but still nothing. My wife contracted all day yesterday and about 20 times in an hour between 9p-10p. We were in the hospital last night till the early morning hours and then they sent us home saying not ready. (could be hours/ could be days)

Today, not 1 contraction or any signs of labor. . .

- If things progress then I will not be attending this weekends cruise.
- If things stay the same as today then I'll be there tomorrow for the cruise ?-?-?

I'll keep you guys updated, if I can't go you guys have a lot of fun and take lots of pictures.

Remember the July 30th cruise, let's get some early commitments so we can have over 10 riders like this weekend is should be.

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
So far in attendance. . .

Possibly myself, Tom, Ted, George, Ben, MDlee & son, Van & Dave, Drewd.

That makes 10 so far, somebody call Duane

Will has to work tomorrow so he will definitely not be riding. . .

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If Frank and Will aren't there, who else knows the trails? I sure as heck don't. I'm not very good at that. It's why I always wanted a good navigator with me when I was flying.
If I can see the mountains then I know where West is but so many of the trails we've done are down in the trees where you can't see the Rockys. Now I'm lost.
Van? Do you know your way around those trails?
Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
NOBODY PANIC . . .

I got the okay from the wife to go tomorrow... I'll be there in the morning as expected, and on time like usual. Your trail master is still attending :) see you guys @ 11:00

r.ly. r.ly..we.

Last edited:

Skyliner70

May 25, 2011
Colorado
Arvada
Chance of T-storms
30% chance of precipitation

Golden
Chance of T-storms
40% chance of precipitation

Not sure what the weather was in your area all week, but we've had some fierce thunderstorms each afternoon each day this week....the electrical storm last night was quite impressive.

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Arvada
Chance of T-storms
30% chance of precipitation

Golden
Chance of T-storms
40% chance of precipitation

Not sure what the weather was in your area all week, but we've had some fierce thunderstorms each afternoon each day this week....the electrical storm last night was quite impressive.
Yeah this week has been real wet, I don't care though. It will feel great if it does start to rain.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
What a great run today guys. 60 plus miles of beautiful trails and good weather.
Sorry I forgot to bring my camera. What a putz. Those switch-backs with all of us at each end would have made a great photo. Ah well, it will be there if we do it again.
Thanks to all of you for a fun day.
We have a couple more months of this kind of weather, fall should be fantastic.
Lets Keep in touch.
Frank? What's the word? Any baby arrival yet?
Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I didn't get very many pictures this time, but next time I'll take a lot. For the switch-backs I need a better angle; a DSLR camera would be better for that. Next time I'll get it, without being rushed by my stomach. No baby yet, I'll keep you guys posted.

Keep July 30th open for the next big ride, with Smash burger this time, umm!

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
It's a girl. . .

We went to the hospital @ 4am Monday morning and my 3rd daughter was delivered @ 9:41am weighing 7lbs-15oz and 19 1/2'' long.

Thanks for your guys support over the last few weeks, see on the next ride.

Keep in touch

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Frank,
That's so cool :)
Thanks for keeping us in the loop and a sincere congratulations from the Denver guys.
Tell your wife, "Good job". We're all proud of her. You're both in our thoughts.
Just to satisfy the questions we'll get from our wives; weight, name and her political affiliation? :)
Thanks for letting us know.
Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
George,
Thanks. A couple of those cafe seats are cool. They even have built-in seat posts.
My skinny butt would need some extra padding but the look of those with the cafe tail are great. Thanks. I'll have to give them some thought.
Tom

NashOpel

Jul 10, 2009
Arvada,CO
I scored a KTM 50 for 50 bucks last night. Just need to figure out which one it is. The XL is getting closer to riding the trails. I posted for help in the Morini section but here is a pic..shft.

Attachments