Very Bright LED Headlights

GoldenMotor.com

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I have a small dirt bike 12v battery mounted on the bike. Here is a picture:

That isn't a very good shot. I had taken 1 that looked right into the light but all you see was white. So I took that picture at an angle. They do light up the road VERY well.

Terry

bro-die

Dec 22, 2011
guam
Kool!! how long does the battery last? Do you have pics of it in the dark? I wanna see how well it lights up the path. Where im from the government is corrupt they actually decided to turn some street lights off to save on power bills. Pretty darn dumb in my opinion. What battery are you using. I feel like this is a good choice for me. Something not too bright and not useless at the same time.

Last edited:

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
Right now my bike is on my work bench. Changing a few things. I'm waiting on white wall tires right now. The battery is a GS GT4B-5 and its a 2.6AH sealed battery. I don't think you want this type. I had to replace the first 1 I had and they only had 1 left. They said it isn't a very popular battery.

I have a small trickle charger that I put on it every night after use so I don't know how long it will last. I probably use the headlights,tail lights and GPS about 1.5 to 2 hours at a time with no problem. All my lights are LED so they don't use much power.

It will be a week before I get it on the road again. If you still want some full dark pictures I can do it then. Right now the tires are off and the Monark Fork is also.

Terry

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
It should work. My tail lights will run off of a 9v battery. The headlights will shut down 1/2 of the LED's on each light at 10v. Beyond that I don't know.

These lights come as a set of 2 so I used both. It is possible that just 1 light would be enough. I never tried that. But if 1 will do the job there would be a backup light or sell the other one. Another thing that could be done, and I did think of this, use 2 light switches. One for each individual light. That would give you a high and low beam. I thought of another idea also. Point 1 light lower than the other. That would give a real good field of light. Up close and far out.

Terry

Last edited:

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I ran into another problem that is going to mess around with my head. It will delay getting the bike on the road. But, as soon as my tires come in I'll roll it outside for some good night shots for you.

Terry

bro-die

Dec 22, 2011
guam
I ran into another problem that is going to mess around with my head. It will delay getting the bike on the road. But, as soon as my tires come in I'll roll it outside for some good night shots for you.

Terry
Cool. Thanks. I like these lights. Some are just to bright that I might blind motorist and have a better chance of ramming me on the road.

bro-die

Dec 22, 2011
guam
A 6v option would be better. 12v is overkill for bicycle LEDs.
The op just said at 9v it cuts some lights out can you imagine if youre at 6v. You might as well get something else other than this. Reason im interested in this is because it looks like itll spread from one side to the other not a long straight beam of light in the middle. Just something to light my way avoiding potholes and such and at the same time it can be seen by motorist and also not too bright where itll blind them.