Genesis 29'' mountain bike with 66cc Grubee gt5

GoldenMotor.com

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Mine is nothing compared to a couple of the other ones in this thread..But here it is.. Just got the motor day before yesterday and put it together yesterday and tuned it to run right today.

Still a beast of a Mountian bike. What motor is this? I might buy another of these bikes to put either a 49cc or a grubee 66. I just added some $18 shimano rear calipers on mine and put a 40 mile ride today.

Here is a pic I took a second ago.

Last edited:

njyork42

Apr 26, 2011
Cookeville, TN
Still a beast of a Mountian bike. What motor is this? I might buy another of these bikes to put either a 49cc or a grubee 66. I just added some $18 shimano rear calipers on mine and put a 40 mile ride today.

Here is a pic I took a second ago.
[/IMG]

Its is the silverslant 66cc from kings motorbikes...at least thats what I have ordered the past two times..but the kit has came with slightly differents stuff than advertised the past 2 times.

Btw I hit a local small park up today, nobody was there so I took it on the small curvy walking path. Pretty exciting. Oh yea the "helmet cam" is a
Cheap eBay keychain spy camera 10 bucks velcro to a hat.

motorbicycle in kentuck park tuscaloosa - YouTube
I have one of those cameras..ha..Nice ride..Maybe I should shoot some footage.. Wish I was shooting last night when the two state troopers pulled me over only to find out I was perfectly legal..

Maybe I should shoot some footage.. I am about to clean up a couple things on the bike and double check that everything is tight and go do some offroading.. I have aleady been jumping it quite a bit and nothing has broke yet.

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
You should record you're riding. I'm kinda weary about taking the bike in crazy tarrain, I just try to keep it on mostly level ground. I do have a few cool other riding spots.
Its is the silverslant 66cc from kings motorbikes...at least thats what I have ordered the past two times..but the kit has came with slightly differents stuff than advertised the past 2 times.

I have one of those cameras..ha..Nice ride..Maybe I should shoot some footage.. Wish I was shooting last night when the two state troopers pulled me over only to find out I was perfectly legal..

Maybe I should shoot some footage.. I am about to clean up a couple things on the bike and double check that everything is tight and go do some offroading.. I have aleady been jumping it quite a bit and nothing has broke yet.

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
yea,
I did the 29er cruiser with a HS 4 stroke, do kinda like the front brake,(on the mtn bike) only reason I'm buttin in is I found a sprocket adapter that works with the 45 spoke wheels, check with sportscarpat on this forum. Good possibility some more folks will make 'em as popularity increases, cause you don't need one for a shift kit...a shift kit would be a tough install on the gen MB

Mac

Last edited:

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Yeah, dept. store bikes have come a long way. It's probably not going to impress many as a dedicated trail bike, but old tech. and low-buck stuff is good for a motorized bicycle, when the design is practical transportation, not cushy off-road performance.

I dont care whay anyone says, walmarts 29' Genensis is a hella cool bike to motorize.
Your bikes look good, guys.
Ride Hard...
Ride Safe....