CT Ride and cook out

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Gonna be Sunday, May 22 this year, if that works for every one.

I found the coolest, and I mean coolest MB route Is threw 2 flood levies. They built them with access ports for work trucks. WW2 looking. This brings you to an airport then an industrial area that leads to a bridge that brings you to the east side of the CT river to a great riding area. Is the absolute coolest/best MB ride I have found but I like to take the road less traveled. (Where I got tire damage on my way to the sckool of hard knocks, snork)
Some one bring a helmet cam!

I found this yesterday. Wild flowers and a fox. Just an uber cool off the beaten track, sort of track.

Some where there (LOL, was on a thread of mine. just remembered but not sure who came up with it) was a thought on suggesting or posting cool MB routes. This is the all time best I have found

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Nice !!! Just may be able to make this one with the misses ( Ill call it a shakedown ride for our Marthas Vineyard camping trip/ride )

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Nice !!! Just may be able to make this one with the misses ( Ill call it a shakedown ride for our Marthas Vineyard camping trip/ride )
Awesome Chainman. Really hope ya and Mrs. Maker do make it. The vinyard, man that is gonna be a great ride. Post lots of pics. The roads would be tight, but I always wanted to do the Cape on a MB

Sounds good, looking forward to it.
I know I said this Russell but this route is just so dang cool. The short cut is about a half mile from my house! An' I just found it! (me slow, snork) Is taking a right rather then turning left onto a busy city street. Really is the road less traveled.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Man, that is gonna be a sweet ride.

I was mate on a small tug. We towed the largest American sailing ship threw that canal. The coast guard wanted us to use an additional tug on her stern. That would have been crazy. She is the S/V Victory Chimes and 200 tons. She pretty much took-up the whole channel in some places.

Gonna go for a ride and take some pics of this route.

.flg.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
It was you! My bad Dawgs.
What do you mean you can't make it!? Wut, like a 20 hr drive (or 3 weeks by MB) is such a hardship?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Last one. Bought a netbook to work on the MB Mag thing this summer. Purty cool. sat in a park next to my MB and chatted with folks here.

Attachments

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Wasen't worried about credit, just keeping the idea alive. Do you have a gps? There are a lot of software plans that use gps data to create a gis file ( graphic info system) that could be made into a national guide book . Perhaps better in new thread. Pics look cool, i love off the beaten path routes like that,they just scream RIDE ME!!!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Was a great thought Dawgs. Hmm. Wonder if we can make a file so folks could download to a memory card/wire transfer to a GPS? That would be a cool "give back to the community" sort of thing. Or simply print out? LOL, I am so far behind on so many projects, I can see my self up ahead. Ah well. Still a fun ride.

Awesome Noisy, hope ya can make it! West Hartford is a great place to ride. Lots of bike lanes (watch out for them car doors!) and some truly beautiful old homes. Yrs back I had a little plumbing biz and loved getting calls from WH. Was always easy work as every single house I worked in was so incredibly well built and just a pleasure to look at. Crazy expensive area but just beautiful old world New England. (an' I'm saying that from Old Wethersfield. A nice place to visit but ya wouldn't want to pay the taxes here, snork)

TRAX

Nov 4, 2008
CT
Looks like an awesome route, Lisa and I will not be able to attend. Have a trip planned that week. Will be sorry to miss it. take lots of pictures.

TRAX

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Oh man Trax! Just last night Carol asked if you both were coming. I was supposed to write you before setting the date. Really bummed Buddy. An' gonna be in trouble with Carol. Change yer plans. Camon, be reasonable and do it my way. snork

TRAX

Nov 4, 2008
CT
Oh man Trax! Just last night Carol asked if you both were coming. I was supposed to write you before setting the date. Really bummed Buddy. An' gonna be in trouble with Carol. Change yer plans. Camon, be reasonable and do it my way. snork
Well I was looking forward to hooking up with you guys again but I'd rather it be you than me that gets in hot water with the wife. I guess we will just have to have another one. Our best to carol and the rest of the attendees. Looks like a cool ride.

TRAX

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Awesome Schwinn. Really great bunch of folks show up.

First yr, we forgot to bring a burger flipper thing. As we helped some one finish their first build, had an extra chain tensioner. Put vise-grips on it and used that. Was to dang funny. Got a pic some where.

MBers, half a bubble off plumb. snork

TRAX

Nov 4, 2008
CT
Hey Dan, Great news, our trip was pushed out a week so Lisa and I will be able to make the ride now! looking forward to it.

TRAX