Death Race 4-16-2011

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Death Race 2011

When: April 16, 2011

Where: Musselman Honda Circuit (p1kart circuit)

Start Time: 5:00pm

11800 S Harrison Road, Tucson,Arizona 85747
(520) 245-5278
P1 Kart Circuit - Home
[email protected]

From I-10 take exit 273 (Rita) or 275 (Houghton) south to the Pima County Fairgrounds. MHC is West of Tucson Raceway Park

Death Race is not just about racing, so if you are not into racing dont think thats what its only about.

We will be having a Bike show this Death Race so spit shine the chrome and bring as many bikes you want for the bike show. To enter the bike show you must enter the pits and pay the $10 pit entry fee.

Fee's

$10 to enter the pits
or
$15 to enter pits and participate on the track

Thanks for the help and support for Death Race 2011
Motorbicycling.com
Freedom Bikes USA
PistonBikes.com
Affordablegokarts.com
JNMotorsbikes.com

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
A few changes we will be having.......

Safety Gear

Absolutely no one will be allowed on the track without the proper gear no exceptions this time.

Helmet
Gloves
Eye Protection
Knee Pads
Elbow Pads
Long sleeve shirt
Long pants
Toe covering shoes

Numbers

All participants on the track and bike show must have numbers. Does not need to be fancy just a paper plate and a sharpie will do. I will provide paper plates at MHC for anyone who needs one. It is also possibility MHC will have numbers for us like there Criterium Cycling and Racing events.

The numbers are needed so people can vote on your bike for the bike show. And those who will be riding on the track the flagman needs to know who is who...we all look the same to them lol.

Numbers must be big enough and visible to the flagman and if you can please have your number on the front of your bike so it is visible to the flagman. This will also help if we need to black flag someone off the track. We do not want the same confusion as last time.

Number assignment

If you would like a particular number reserved please contact me with that number (Private Message or email me at [email protected] for you non members) or post it on this thread...first come first serve. If not you will be assigned a number at the track.

Number 31 is taken :)

Flags

We will be using full flags this time and I will go over all the flags and what they mean at a later date.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Volunteers

Any volunteers to help out with assigning numbers and helping with the bike show will be greatly appreciated.

Any volunteers to help score the race will also be very helpful. Every time there is confusion on who finished where. And with me on the track I just cannot do it. It would be nice to be able to post the entire field finish.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Number's reserved...
0-Alex (Blue Fox)
1-p hood
3-Bryson
5-ezheimers
6-culvercityclassic
7-Omar
8-magrider
13-Amerwolf
21-foureasy
24-shaolin
27-MaxPower
28-PistonBike Jason
31-Dave31
32- Rookie
33- Bairdco
40-Thud
44-THE GENERAL44
55-SoSauty
57-PistonBike Rob
58-Dogman
63-cruizerchris63
66-sharksfan
67-Smoothe
75-pistonbike greg
77-Three-Wire
69-scotto
82-
99-Lance Portnoff
131-El Linko

Last edited:

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
hopefully i could have my other project done by then keep me post it so i could requested off from work if i have it off i might be able to help u with the race

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
I'm afraid my racing days are over....except for that little old lady on the mobility scooter I see on Flowing Wells now and then but I'll volunteer to do anything else.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I'm afraid my racing days are over....except for that little old lady on the mobility scooter I see on Flowing Wells now and then but I'll volunteer to do anything else.
Many come out just to cruise around the track at there own pace. Even at 20mph its fun riding side by side with 30 other guys with no cars to take you out.

Just to be able to kick back and watch all the different MB's on the track is a real cool sight.

I was just talking to my friend about how one of the most enjoyable things about DR is all the cool bikes that everyone brings. Being able to talk to the builders and see what everyone has done to there machines. Its cool to see photos of MB's but to have so many in one place is a real treat.

Yeah some of us see Death Race as a racing event to push the limits of our machines. I know some dont like it but what wins on Sunday sales on Monday and I have to believe what we are learning on the track will help all of us with better products from our suppliers. Don't think they are not watching what we are doing and paying attention to what works best and what does not.

But Death Race is also about the MB community getting together in one spot and just sharing a common interest. Death Race is great for those who want to race, or just cruise the track or bring your pride and joy to show off to everyone.

Bring the grill, family and friends and enjoy the day.

Last edited:

Dogman

Apr 22, 2010
Las Cruces NM, USA
Yeah, don't miss it. Too much rolling steel artwork on dispay to miss.

And for a few bux more, just rolling a few practice laps is a ball. There will be a few extra sets of pads and gloves around for those that don't want to buy stuff.

For you that race, I'll be back, and this time I won't stop racing till I see them come after me with a net. Have fun trying to catch me! dnut

ezheimers

Jan 2, 2011
Left Coast
It'll be a GREAT time no matter what part you particapate in... Come join the fun!
Looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone... -EZ ;)

Sharksfan

Nov 28, 2009
San Jose, CA.
The earlier I have a firm date the more likely I will be there. I already cleared this with the boss and I can get the time off of work as well. I think all aspects of this are cool. My bike is by far not a racer but the chance to ride with a bunch of other M.B.ers without cars would be worth the trip from San Jose. If you add in cookouts and a swap meet you would have a hard time keeping me away. If we are calling dibsies on numbers I want 66 in honor of my wife for her infinite understanding of my M.B. habit. Can't wait to see you all there!

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
I've been looking forward to this since I started building my MB. riding with fellow racers sounds like a great weekend 478 miles away from home. where else would I be, at the beach? I am planning on attending this with my brother, and pit crew. I'll take #8 please. thanx

bitsnpieces

Dec 9, 2010
Melbourne, AUS
Wish we could organise this here... Wish I lived in the States... Such is life.

Will there be some sort of recording/broadcasting of this event? Would love to watch it!

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I am working on confirming the date guys. I know many of you need to know in advance on when DR is gonna be and in the past we had less then a month notice. I hope within the week it will be confirmed and I can announce the date.

Thanks for your support guys I am really looking forward to meeting some new and old friends.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hey, if my aging butt can ride my piece of junk around that track and have fun sliding out on the hairpin turn, anybody can be a racer. :lol:

zpt
Turn 13 can really catch you off guard. If you notice many always end up in the dirt on that corner.

Here is a little advice on that corner. First...its an off camber corner thats why so many end up always going wide and running out of track. That corner pushes you out.

The trick I have learned is turn in early, at first it feels like you are going in too early but you just have to stick to your guns and hug that inside going in.

But as I said, its off camber so you have to be careful not to pinch the bike too tight or the wheels will wash out right from under you.

Attachments