Chrome slant head and plug?

GoldenMotor.com

solokumba

Nov 24, 2010
Florida
I have a 48 slant head and bought a chrome package from gasbike. After I put a few more miles on it I want to replace the stock kit plug with a better one. I know there are a few choices... just wondering if my aftermarket header may be thinner than the stock. I should have put a caliper on it before I installed... but didn't think about it at the time.

Anybody have a chrome head and any plug recommendations?

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
I have a 48 slant head and bought a chrome package from gasbike. After I put a few more miles on it I want to replace the stock kit plug with a better one. I know there are a few choices... just wondering if my aftermarket header may be thinner than the stock. I should have put a caliper on it before I installed... but didn't think about it at the time.

Anybody have a chrome head and any plug recommendations?
Your looking for a header right? Pirate sells them. NGK.Kip.
[email protected]

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
What is a header? Why are you replacing it? If yer talking about the header pipe to the muffler, why would thinner be a bad thing?

Enquiring minds want to know :~)

Wayne Z

solokumba

Nov 24, 2010
Florida
It's a chrome cylinder head. Just wondering if its thinner than the stock. Wanted recommendations for a plug that was proven not to make contact with piston. However, I know none of this stuff is perfect and there are crazy variances from engine to engine.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
NGK B5HS, B6HS, or B7HS.

the higher the number, the "colder" the plug. basically, if your motor runs hot or you're in a hot climate, you want a colder plug. the B6HS is good if you're not sure.

i run a B7 year round here in sunny california, but my motor's modded and i run full throttle all day.

motorhead419

Jul 6, 2009
ohio
I just bought one and I keep havin trouble with the piston hitting the head! idk what to do..
Remove the plug and crank it over with the pedals while holding up the rear wheel and you'll hear the piston nicking the head. The louder the sound the less clearance you have. An easy fix is get a thick marker and coat the head and piston and see where they are hitting. If you have no porting tools get some coarse emery and remove material on the head until you quit hearing the piston to head contact when you pedal it without the plug..Try that for starters..shft.

shellshock

Dec 10, 2010
mesa/Arizona
Remove the plug and crank it over with the pedals while holding up the rear wheel and you'll hear the piston nicking the head. The louder the sound the less clearance you have. An easy fix is get a thick marker and coat the head and piston and see where they are hitting. If you have no porting tools get some coarse emery and remove material on the head until you quit hearing the piston to head contact when you pedal it without the plug..Try that for starters..shft.
cant i just trim two of the metal top gaskets and then maybe try to wear it down?