Mountain/road hybrid

GoldenMotor.com

Roach

Sep 16, 2010
wisconsin
The frame is a Schwinn Collegiate from the '70s. The wheels are from a cheap walmart MB. This is my first motorized bike and I learned a lot making it. Next one will be better. It took a bit of bending to get those tires to fit. But well worth it, the skinny road bike tires scared the bejabbers out of me.

Those bell seats from wallmart are pretty comfy. I tried a banana seat and it hurt (and looked ugly) I will probably either brace the seat or get a lay-back post. It seems to be holding right now but I don't trust it.

I had to cut the kickstand off to bend the frame, will install a new one next.

It needs a name...

gobigkahuna

Apr 25, 2011
E NC
Looks very nice. I saw that brown Bells seat at Kmart and thought it would be perfect for a vintage looking bike. Where'd you get that layback seatpost?

Roach

Sep 16, 2010
wisconsin
it's not a layback seat post. I just reversed the clamp in the seat and positioned it as far forward as possible. I was afraid it would shift downward but so far its been fine with my 220 pounds. I tightened the **** out of it.

I got a walmart kickstand but those things are crap. cheap and flimsy. don't buy one.

I added a luggage rack and will install a battery powered light. Law requires a light on at all times and the generator light doesn't work at a stop sign.

Last edited:

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Yeah, I think i will get a center stand. Ive seen their discriptions and are they really so tall they leave the back wheel suspended off the ground? Just curious. If it does, thats cool! I just don't want to buy it if it make your bike more off balance than a side kickstand....