Mounting a 26" Mens' NEXT PowerX Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike?

GoldenMotor.com

AndrewPwrP2P

Jul 18, 2010
Las Vegas
Hello,

Would it be possible to mount this kind of bike with a motor? I'm a COMPLETE new-comer when it comes to bike motors, This is what the bike looks like, ((I Can't post links yet too new DX! but you can search it on google should come up on walmart oO))
It has a six speed, and a friction adjuster, thus resulting in 18 possible speeds.

How would I mount if possible, I'm looking towards saving on time and energy from getting to work and back (Seven miles, 14 both ways). I'm 18 years old, I've only worked at my job for 3 and a half months but riding my bike daily is tiring for me since I'm VERY new to riding my bike daily (From home to work and back) and I use my mountain bike for EVERYTHING when it comes to transportation.

Please help, I'm able to spend from 200 dollars and below. :x I'm willing to go higher (For better quality, or speed?)

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
This bike?

First off - welcome to the forum, glad ta have ya here! A 14 mile round trip? No wonder ya wanna motorize lol

Unfortunately... or not, yer gonna be pretty much limited to a rack mount gas engine or a hub drive electric given yer frame configuration, that's not bad at all, many love them -the rack mount 4 strokes are pretty sweet, but it's gonna be a challenge for $200. Can't forget push trailers & those ya could prolly do for that kinda money, but they're a DIY challenge :)

Wander around the forum a bit and see if there's somethin' that pops out at ya - I'm sure someone will drift in here to give ya a bit more help ;)

AndrewPwrP2P

Jul 18, 2010
Las Vegas
This bike?

First off - welcome to the forum, glad ta have ya here! A 14 mile round trip? No wonder ya wanna motorize lol

Unfortunately... or not, yer gonna be pretty much limited to a rack mount gas engine or a hub drive electric given yer frame configuration, that's not bad at all, many love them -the rack mount 4 strokes are pretty sweet, but it's gonna be a challenge for $200. Can't forget push trailers & those ya could prolly do for that kinda money, but they're a DIY challenge :)

Wander around the forum a bit and see if there's somethin' that pops out at ya - I'm sure someone will drift in here to give ya a bit more help ;)
Yeah, that exact bike haha!

I don't mind having to go a bit higher I also don't mind doing it bit by bit or part by part x] (I can partition into how much I have spare by pay-check until I have enough to buy all the parts I need ahha :D! like paycheck one, I buy this, second paycheck, I buy another of what I need) :>

But thank you for your reply ^-^!

Also, Something like this motor, would this be able to work with my bike?

http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/80cc_bicycle_engine_kit_jet.htm

It has a universal motor mount :oops: It might require some drilling it says and it's for "Larger bikes" and other kinds of bikes.

Last edited:

thehatchninja

Feb 26, 2009
Columbia, SC
Nope, you'll need an old school triangle frame bike for that kit. But those kits are hella easy to install. If I were you I would consider starting with a different frame, you shouldn't have trouble finding one on craigslist for cheap. If you must use that frame then look into the Titan friction drive. thatsdax.com has them, but they're like $400 i think.

nhssdf4

Jun 21, 2010
Ruston, LA
yeah, i do agree with the above comments.. it would be hella hard to install that motor on that bike.. I went on craigslist and bought a trek 930 for 75$, * DONT USE THAT BIKE, IT WILL GIVE U ****!!!!*
but any ways.. a triangle style bike is what u need to save money.. See if u can sell the power climber for another bike, or go to wally world.. U can print out a cutout of the motor to see the size and get a feel... I didnt know how big the motor was until i got it and i had to buy a new bike. And if u wanna use that frame ur lookin at a 4 stroke and about 250$ before everything else...
xct2

aero07

Oct 12, 2009
Alabama
Hello,

Would it be possible to mount this kind of bike with a motor? I'm a COMPLETE new-comer when it comes to bike motors, This is what the bike looks like, ((I Can't post links yet too new DX! but you can search it on google should come up on walmart oO))
It has a six speed, and a friction adjuster, thus resulting in 18 possible speeds.

How would I mount if possible, I'm looking towards saving on time and energy from getting to work and back (Seven miles, 14 both ways). I'm 18 years old, I've only worked at my job for 3 and a half months but riding my bike daily is tiring for me since I'm VERY new to riding my bike daily (From home to work and back) and I use my mountain bike for EVERYTHING when it comes to transportation.

Please help, I'm able to spend from 200 dollars and below. :x I'm willing to go higher (For better quality, or speed?)
It sure would be possible.
I used a BMP friction drive kit
and a monster scooter engine.
Here's a pic ... I took the NEXT
sticker off to make it a HONDA.

Attachments

klb6154

Jun 20, 2010
pittsburgh pa
dude chech out my bike it is in the rat rod hot rod section of this site i got less than 225 in parts but most of my parts are frome garbadge day at the more ritzier nieghbor hoods look at some pics of my bike on photobucket .com click on the second link the first one dosent work klb6154