rim problem!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

jmr3394

Apr 5, 2010
U.S.A.
So i recently had some issues with my bike but after an incident it seems as though my back wheel is warped. What do i do?? can i fix that?

retromike3

Jan 9, 2009
Beaverton OR
What type of wheel ? How far out is it out of true? what type of spokes? Is it set up with a drive donut or is a bolt on sprocket?

Generally if the wheel is just a bit out of true you can "pull" it back into shape by looking at were the wobble is and tightening the two spokes on the other side of the "bend" this is usually done in quarter turn amounts.

Essentially a spoke is a long skinny bolt with the nipple on the end being the nut. You can get a spoke wench at a bike shop for about five bucks that has many sizes of spokes built into it. they are generally steel rings with a bunch of groves cut in them.

If your wheel is father out than about a quarter inch then you might have to "persuade" it to be true by applying some force with a rubber hammer. This can only be done with a very sturdy bench and a lot of finesse so I do not recommend doing that kind of work for a beginner. If it far out of alinement I would go to a local bike shop and have them true it for you. If you have a bike Co-Op near by they might have classes in how to true wheels but, watch out sometimes they don't look kindly on motor powered bikes.

Mike:-||

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
i recomend bicycling maintennence and rapairwhich sho0uld at your local library be advised that we put out much more torque so stuff bends easier. frank any you guys interested in a ride in co, ut, nm 4 corners? lets talk, pm me frank