XL Chopper 4-Stroke/Pit/Dirtbike 50cc

GoldenMotor.com

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
If the hub is the same size as the OC Chopper bikes you could get a Manic Mechanic sprocket and hub adapter from Pirate Cycles and have a nice clean setup, especially since you already have a geared transmission right? Seems like a much simpler solution than the jackshaft. Oh, I see you're doing a special leftside freewheel. That sounds pretty cool.

Keep us updated on the progress.

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Crazy Horse

You May Want To Call The Machine Shop. They May Have Figured It Out By Now!!! The Left Hand Thread Is A Larger Dia.

I Received Two Of The Hd Axle Kits From Bicycle-engines This Morning.

The Left Hand Freewheel Adapter`s And The Hubs Are A Larger Dia Thread.

It Is Not The Standard 1 3/8" X 24tpi. The Hub`s Have A Stardard Right Hand Thread On The Left Side Next To The larger Left Hand Thread for the drum brake kit.

If the machine shop Cut The Standard 1 3/8" X 24 Tpi Left Hand Threads You Can Buy A 16 Tooth South Paw Sprocket And Bolt It To The Center Of Your Large Sprocket.

I Am Thinking The Hd Hub L H Thread Adapter Is Too Large For Your Wheel hubs, As They Are .008" Undersize To Start With.

I Need To Unwrap The Drum Brake Kits, That Must Be What The R H Thread On The Left Is For. That Is The Reason For The Larger Dia Left Hand Thread, So You Can Have Both On The Left Side =brake And Freewheel. Ron

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Ps;

The Hd Axle Kits Are A Nice Set Up When Used As Intended. I Bought 2 Kits And A Throttle Cable Bringing The Order To $107. = Free Shipping ON ORDERS OVER $100.!! Shipping Was Approx $23.my Total Cost Was $107. With Shipping= The Parts Cost Me Approx $84..

The Drum Brake Kits Would Work Nice On The Front By Using A Rear Wheel With The Right Hand Cassette Threads. Install Wheel With The Drum On The Left Side. Ron

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Can't remember if I answered this someone was curious about the handlebar switch assembly, the question was where is the throttle it's in the right hand switch assembly.

See attached pic's:

I need to weld in my skid plate for mounting my engine, and finish up the rear wheel with the Dual Drive, amongst many other items.

Peace Crazy Horse.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Here I go again with a different chinese Honda PC-50 cloned horizontal 50cc 4-stroke engine only difference is the pedals are built in to the engine seriously!

The pedals are on the same shaft as the one which is used normally to mount a kick start Lever!

Peace Crazy Horse.

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.
so a all in one unit sweet. The combos could be endless with this set up. pedels made into the engine like some mopeds have but a lot stronger engine great find, where?

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Still working on getting these engines from manufacturer!

And yes you can convert almost any bike to accept this all in one engine & pedaling system.

This is the one to solve many problems like chain alignment issues!

Peace Crazy Horse.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Sorry for the Confusion Gene,

I meant to post that I most likely will switch to this engine with the built in pedals.

This is a Lifan or Loncin chinese cloned version of the Honda 4-stroke 50cc fully automatic, I've contacted the manufacturer and am waiting for more info ie pricing, engine displacement available etc etc...

I'm really excited about the prospects of this being an engine kit for motorizing bicycles!

Just think about the possibilities using this cloned Honda 4-stroke with built in pedaling system.

Peace Crazy Horse.

Last edited:

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.
the mount setup on these things are so easy! two bolts in the back. I can see unlimited options with this. 4 stroke, can be 50 cc auto for legal or could boost it up to 125cc 4 speed semi auto. I have 5 or 6 of these things laying around i wonder how that pedel shaft works?

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
JCChappy,

Actually these Honda clone engines have four (4) holes on the bottom that can be used for mounting them to a steel plate aka skid plate.
Just weld on your skid plate drill holes in the skid plate to mount engine.

Here's the four (4) holes for mounting to skid plate:

These motors can be ordered as 50cc 70cc 90cc or 110cc up to 125cc fully automatic.

Peace Crazy Horse.

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.
yea i didnt think about the foot peg holes. Theats where the foot pegs bolted up on the 125 chineses dirtbikes, and on the trail 90's from the 70's. I think the two in the back would be stronger but those bottom ones would definately hold.

abikerider

Jul 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
It looks like you have a problem with the pedal chain hitting the engine case. It also looks like you have a 3 piece pedal crank. Have you tried using a crank arm with a smaller chainring for better chain clearance? Of course, if you got the engine with built in pedals that would solve the problem as well.

omegaunderground

Sep 16, 2009
modesto
Crazy horse, I had no idea XYZ bikes was so sketchy like that with their fee fee's thanks for posting a heads up. Before I bought my beach cruiser locally (a Nirve Classic) I was going to order from XYZ bikes, either that or Target. Target wanted dang near 80$ to ship an 80$ beach cruiser, XYZ shipping seemed decent at the time. I wound up buying a second hand Nirve cruiser for 60$ here in town, just needed a little fixing and it was good as new. I am digging your build it looks very well done.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Anyone know where I can source a dual drive rear wheel with drum brake or disc brake hub?

I think ChoppersUS has them with a disc brake on the left side, but haven't found one that'll work on my XL Choppers or OCC Stingray Choppers.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I thinking maybe a Chinese Cloned Dirtbike / Pitbike rear hub with disc brake might work.

I can lace the hub myself, since I'm trying to save money instead of having my OCC & XL Chopper hubs machined with left handed threads at the local machinists who charged me $300.00 for turning two hubs. Never again!!!

Peace Crazy Horse.

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Anyone know where I can source a dual drive rear wheel with drum brake or disc brake hub?

I think ChoppersUS has them with a disc brake on the left side, but haven't found one that'll work on my XL Choppers or OCC Stingray Choppers.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I thinking maybe a Chinese Cloned Dirtbike / Pitbike rear hub with disc brake might work.

I can lace the hub myself, since I'm trying to save money instead of having my OCC & XL Chopper hubs machined with left handed threads at the local machinists who charged me $300.00 for turning two hubs. Never again!!!

Peace Crazy Horse.

Anyone have suggestions?

Where I can source a dual drive rear wheel with drum brake or disc brake hub?

Peace Crazy Horse.