New S T R E T C H....Micargi Mustang GTS

GoldenMotor.com

jsmithy

Sep 15, 2008
That's good to know and that's a nice bike. I really like the way the stretch cruisers look. I haven't considered ape hangers, but it sounds interesting.

1_2Mini

Oct 2, 2008
Mounting an 80cc kit to a Micargi Mustang...all the help you could provide would be great. All you needed was the Simpson brackets and longer chain?

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Mounting an 80cc kit to a Micargi Mustang...all the help you could provide would be great. All you needed was the Simpson brackets and longer chain?
I used a 32T sprocket to gain some clearance (and speed). The bottom of the brackets are the small halves of the chain tensioners. I replaced the 44T pedal chain with a 36T so I could gain clearence and set the engine down lower in the frame. The bike is not all that comfortable if you HAVE to pedal. The 36T makes a world of difference.

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
nice bike!!!!!! by the way , why do you think they call them Mustang GTS when GTS was the American Le Mans Series designation for Corvettes, vipers and other exotics.....and from what i remember, Mustangs never Raced in any ALMS races..... just a thought

1_2Mini

Oct 2, 2008
I'm thinking more than likely the name is just something that sounded "American" and cool, but if there was some thought process to it GTS could mean "Grand Touring Series" which would make some sense on a cruiser. And why name anything Mustang anyways...who knows.

Killerfx4u

Jul 11, 2012
USA
Which motor are you running, I have a grubbie, but it vibrates too much..... It broke my frame once..... Well that and my 250 lb frame!

Killerfx4u

Jul 11, 2012
USA
well you're not in high elevation that's where you would have a different jet.
good luck.....join motorized bicycles on face book......lots of info available.