Polaris IQ Cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Hi everyone,
Below is a snap of a Polaris IQ cruiser which to me looks like a feasible build....the motor will be tight but my fist build was tight as well so I know how to get'R'done....also I found a perfect tank that'll fit between the top two bars....a` VERY cool tank..but if that tank doesn't fit I can always use the one included with the kit...so let me know anyone if you think it's worth my time....much obliged folks ! :)

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

Attachments

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Salty,
It looks like a candidate, with a few issues. That down tube is FAT and the distance betwen the cantilever bar and the bottom bracket looks real tight...and, what is that on the seat tube just above the chain guard? Is it a single speed? Check the fender brackets close if you get that bike. They look like the same mounting method that Schwinn, Huffy and several others use which are notorious for failing. Let us know what you decide.
Tom

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Salty,
It looks like a candidate, with a few issues. That down tube is FAT and the distance betwen the cantilever bar and the bottom bracket looks real tight...and, what is that on the seat tube just above the chain guard? Is it a single speed? Check the fender brackets close if you get that bike. They look like the same mounting method that Schwinn, Huffy and several others use which are notorious for failing. Let us know what you decide.
Tom

Hey Tom,
First of all that * thing * you see by the bottom of the seat tube is the left pedal... ( I had to look twice also ).....and if and when I get the bike the FIRST thing to go will be that front fender....I don't need faceplants......and yes it is a one speed.....of course the bike is going to be outfitted with all the goodies....mebbe a front disc brake....mebbe this....mebbe that....but for the price ( $139.00)....the down tube is the same size as my Skyliner....which I used the standard assembly included with the kit....so far no issues......
I'm not sure it won't make a good build.....taking my time and doing it right ......what did you think of that gas tank I showed ?

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

Last edited:

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
I like that tank instead of one sitting on top, its perfect for an inframe bike. Will it fit though with that middle tube being there?

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Check out their accessories pages great prices. They have the double kick stand for $10. I ordered the 26in mantis from them friday for my new kit. They were $30 cheaper than any one on the net after a week of searching.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
I like that tank instead of one sitting on top, its perfect for an inframe bike. Will it fit though with that middle tube being there?

I am pretty sure it fits.....won't know until ...if I decide....to purchase it ....but it looks like it will...the thing is there's no dimensions provided with either....the bike nor the tank......

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Check out their accessories pages great prices. They have the double kick stand for $10. I ordered the 26in mantis from them friday for my new kit. They were $30 cheaper than any one on the net after a week of searching.

Bandito,
I've booked that site.....thank you for the heads up ! :)

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Salty if you buy from them use the promo code at the right of the home page about in the middle to get half off of shipping.

mekano

Nov 4, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
BarelyAWake: Oh, yes, thanx. Now I remember... Haven't seen that top bar tank before....
Do we have a pic of that tank mounted to a bike on this forum?
Talking about tanks. I picked up a brass tank from ebay 2 hours ago. It was way to big for any bicycle lol don't know what to do with it. Misjudged the volume. It's a very nice looking vintage brass tank though...
Oh, all this beer...

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
BarelyAWake: Oh, yes, thanx. Now I remember... Haven't seen that top bar tank before....
Do we have a pic of that tank mounted to a bike on this forum?
Talking about tanks. I picked up a brass tank from ebay 2 hours ago. It was way to big for any bicycle lol don't know what to do with it. Misjudged the volume. It's a very nice looking vintage brass tank though...
Oh, all this beer...

Can ya show us a snap of it ?....yeah me too...too many 211's....( sigh )...

Thanks,
Salty.shft.

mekano

Nov 4, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
Well... Here is my mistake... I guess you guys know what I was thinking about... Not this size though... Lol... Anyway, the tank is beautiful in itself.

Attachments

Salty Gator

Aug 3, 2009
Florida
Well... Here is my mistake... I guess you guys know what I was thinking about... Not this size though... Lol... Anyway, the tank is beautiful in itself.

Uhmmmm,
Holy .......looks like it needs a boat steering wheel for a cap.......HEY !....a * Land Yacht ! *

A great idea just not implementable......but a beautiful tank indeed...a smaller one would work awesomely for us ....

Much Obliged ,
Salty.shft.

Last edited:

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
That tank might not look too bad if it was sitting length wise with the rear wheel mounted on a rack. All polished up too.