Schwinn OCC chopper build

GoldenMotor.com

redsel

Jul 27, 2015
decatur il
Am building an OCC Chopper. I knew there would be challenges.......and there are. I used Barry`s mount which worked out pretty well or seemed to until I rotated pedals / crank, the left crank arm rubs case (sprocket cover) I have attempted to straighten the bend in arm slightly so far to no avail. The chain is (1) link too short! drat! The pipe / muffler is a long way from fitting am looking at alternatives, any inexpensive methods? Am thinking maybe an extension tube with flanges at each end [adapter?]. I have not yet relocated brake assy. am waiting to extend chain. Any advice on crank and exhaust issues? Any help would be appreciated.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Pedalchopper.com has a nice exhaust especially for the occ stingray as well as billet mounts and a whole lot of other goodies to make an occ build a snap...

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
pedalchoppers exhaust is very comparable to barry's one
I had some issues making everything fit together (had to double up my exhaust gaskets actually.
also the plate that the engine mounts to (the one with the tubes welded to it) can slip under the bolts a little bit you need to shift it a little bit to the side rather than bend the crank arms.
this technique can also be used to affect chain tension. that said it it not the easyest task (i had to use a pair of large C-clamps to get the mount held in place correctly while I tightened the bolts.)
when originally mounting the engine I had to loosen the two large bolts a couple of times and try again to get it aligned.
I hope it works out for you the fiddly-ness of this stage it worth it in my opinion as I not once had the mount shift on my while i was using it, but yeah it's a little bit of work to install right.