Fall Whizz-in 2013

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Hi guys,
Just back from the bi-annual Whizz-in on the beautiful Sacramento Delta in California. This is event is held each spring and fall and the 90 mile ride is a real test of the equipment. Whizzers, Cushmans, and various other makes and models are welcome to this event. No one is left behind as chase trucks pick up any broken down equipment. There is also a group of experienced riders making sure no one gets lost along the way. Most bikes average between 20-30 mph, but of course there are those that push the limits of speed and endurance. I would say there were about 10 bikes in the 45 mph plus club and a few bikes pushing past 60 mph at times.

Here is part of the morning line-up. I was told there were about 45 bikes starting the ride. Big Boy Cycles can be seen in the group as well as numerous Whizzers. Both the Big Boy bikes completed the 90 miles with their well sorted machines.

Fall Whiz-in 2013 by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

We brought along three Sportsman Flyers. Two Bonnevilles and one 200 model. Both Bonnevilles completed the run. The 200 snaped a pushrod of all things and was finished at the 40 mile mark.

Here is the group collecting at a rest stop by a draw bridge.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Here's Rich talking shop with Jeff just after the ferry crossing on the Sacramento river.

And this time Rich is gathering knowledge from one of the senior members of the club. This guy was running a OHV conversion Whizzer with Albion transmission and kick starter. There were plenty of exotic builds to check out.

I really got a kick out of this build. Talk about a barn find!

Last edited:

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
And this time Rich is gathering knowledge from one of the senior members of the club. This guy was running a OHV conversion Whizzer with Albion transmission and kick starter. There were plenty of exotic builds to check out.

I recognize that "whizzer" bike! I think that's a bike I saw on this forum in its naked/no paint phase as Timm and Roland from Big Boy Cycles were building it for a customer. The pictures of it without paint looked good, but it looks even cooler with the yellow paint and pin striping on the tank.

Do you have any more pictures of that bike? I would really appreciate seeing some close ups.

Gilbert