Denver Area Ride X - Saturday August 11th

GoldenMotor.com

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Sorry guys, I was without internet service for a week, I'm glad they got the problem fixed finally. Anyway, who's ready for another group ride? The end of summer is coming up fast we need one more summer ride before we start the scenic fall rides.

webeneo1

Apr 17, 2012
Denver
Yea let's do this soon, ain't seen my bros for too long.
Will miss Will's "stuff" but life goes on ;)
WE BE BAD!

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
I am up for it.. I need a good long drive to test out my new Belt Drive Clutch Able Gear box. I have been working on it off and on for around 4 years.. I have had several break through ideas and have now implemented them. Gear box is working well with almost 250 miles on it now. This Gear box is simple and when finished, will only be 1.5 inches wide. Also.. Since it is clutch-able , you no longer need the rope start which will save 2 inches or more width on the other side. Yes !! As you can tell, I am excited about this gear box.. Let me know when the next ride is coming up !!

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
I currently have 360 miles on this belt drive gear box.. And the belt is doing well despite all the abuse it has been through.. Improper Clutch Adjustments, welding and grinding on parts near it, and even a locked up and seized idler bearing which occurred from me over tightening it. I was 3-4 miles from home so I limped it home, and the Belt rubbing it made the bearing so hot it actually turned it blue !! No kidding.. Anyway.. I replaced it with a larger s over sized so it can turn at a slower RPM and stay cool. So far.. In over 300 miles in the past week or so, that has been my only problem was the Idler bearing. I will continue to ride and rack up miles until the belt goes...... I must say, I really have abused this new belt drive gear box setup.. But. I need to know that it can take it !! I must say.. It is doing well.. I ride in the mornings now, and the cooler moist air makes for good power and a super fun ride. I just love the smoothness of the belt delivery and clutch ability for starting.. I only need to modify a few parts for ease of service when a new belt does come due it will be something you can change with ease on the road. But for now.. I am testing the reliability only.. And it is doing well for sure. I am pleased. Let me know when the next ride is.. I will show you guys.. But.. No pictures.. Not yet anyway.. : ) Enjoy the ride..

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Hey guys sorry for not being on lately. Lot's of work this time of year. Anyway, who wants to ride sometime this month; before the winter season fully arrives. The usual should do it, trails, streets, and some lunch and a beer.

I'll schedule a ride for an upcoming Saturday real soon "weather permitting". Let me know who's in... r.ly.

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
lol...yes 24hrs... mtb race in moab...this was the last yr, so naturaly i couldnt miss it... we did a 4 man team that quickly turned into a 3 man team after the first 2 laps... 17th in mens sport and 66 overall out of 166 teams....it was fun

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Hey guys. What say we plan to meet somewhere for a lunch?. No bikes, just a bunch of us to sit down, eat something spicy and have a beer. If we could find some place central that would be cool. Even a chain resturant, Out Back, Chili's, but they must serve beer and no loud sports games going on.

There's a big biker place on south Santa Fe, Just south of Bowels near Arapahoe Community Collage. Even on cold days there's usually a couple of bikes there and in the summer the lot is full of MCs. That's just a suggestion and maybe something for summer but until it gets to be riding weather again we should plan a lunch get-together.
Any takers?

Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Hey guys. What say we plan to meet somewhere for a lunch?. No bikes, just a bunch of us to sit down, eat something spicy and have a beer. If we could find some place central that would be cool. Even a chain resturant, Out Back, Chili's, but they must serve beer and no loud sports games going on.

There's a big biker place on south Santa Fe, Just south of Bowels near Arapahoe Community Collage. Even on cold days there's usually a couple of bikes there and in the summer the lot is full of MCs. That's just a suggestion and maybe something for summer but until it gets to be riding weather again we should plan a lunch get-together.
Any takers?

Tom
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I always love to eat a good meal and have a cold one or two. I don't know how many of the guys have been on the forum lately. Will moved to Seattle. I haven't spoke to Van for a while. George, well nobody's heard from him since the last ride we had in 2011. I've tried calling and texting him but never no response. There's still a few of us kicking. I know older Mark is building, and my friend Mark just got a few new upgrades for his bike. Let's see who else replys...

streetstrip80

Oct 12, 2008
Littleton, CO
I would be down for a club meeting. I always enjoy Tom's company, and I would like to talk about the EZ kits with Frank. The Platte River Grill is a decent place. We should look into the Littleton Cruise nites when they get started again. They start near Littleton and Broadway, and end at the PRG.

Kenny

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I passed the Platt today and there ws one Harley there even with the streets like they are. Hardcore biker, for sure.
Let's keep in touch and try to get together as soon as it warms a bit.

Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
This weekend was awesome. My friend Mark and I went for a ride Sunday temp's in the mid 60's. We went all over the city. As soon as we left from Mark's house we get about three blocks away and we seen Van (steampunk) riding his MP. It's going to be a great riding season. Can't wait to get out there with everyone.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I put about 10 miles on the new chopper. Great riding and there's more to come.
Get those bikes tuned up guys. Summer's on its way. Can't wait.

Tom

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
good to see most of us are riding through the winter :) good to see you and mark the otherday frank, sorry i couldnt hang out...i was already late to the race.... my mp is running awesome...cant wait for some group rides...my buddy nyle has been riding the bike i gave him as well...so he should be on some of the group rides this summer as well as dave and myself.... keep the rubber side down and watch out for idiots in cages....till next time!...auflg