1st time build, tell me what u think...

GoldenMotor.com

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
Got the bike from goodwill for 20$... Needs some work still but rideable...

Motor from BGF, 66 big port....

Had no problems installing, but havnt fired it up yet so who knows....

Had 2 steal a crank arm off my other bike to clear the muffler...

Check out the pics and see if u see anything that I should change....

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
your chain looks a little droopy.
first time i have seen a clutch cable run straight up from engine.
most go beside engine ,then up the downtube.
soldering wires is reccommended by many of the builders here.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I never did see just how that clutch cable runs and hooks up to your lever because of slow download speed. But what I did see looked weird. You might want to re-do that.

But other than that, it looked like a nice build on a bike that is very well suited to this task.

I think you've got a winner there. Good job.

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
Was trying to keep clutch cable from melting by engine... It its not a problem I will run it like you said.....

Will tighten the chain tension too....

Thanks for input....

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
Took it on its maiden voyage today and wooohoooo...... It runs and no problems so far...

No chain issues, doesnt idle great yet, but hopefully as it breaks in it will get better...

Time to start building a new one.....

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Took it on its maiden voyage today and wooohoooo...... It runs and no problems so far...

No chain issues, doesnt idle great yet, but hopefully as it breaks in it will get better...

Time to start building a new one.....
I suggest tack-welding the chain tensioner to keep it from moving into the spokes. Any local muffler shop with a MIG welder can put a tack on the back bracket. I do this to all my builds and have had no further issues. (don't ask how I found out about this danger...lol) Also, you will want to replace the cheap china chain that comes with the kit. I use 420# from a local hardware store, but 415 bmx will fit according to the forum regs...420# is a bit tight, but the quality is MUCH better. Looks like a great build you have, GET A GOOD LOCK! One more thing, keep checking all the motor mounts until things are settled in, they tend to loosen the first few days of use. Have fun!

ddesens

Jun 27, 2011
New Port Richey, FL.
Looks good. Just reroute the clutch cable so it has less angles in it and make sure its lubed good. I also recommend tack welding the chain tensioner in place so it cannot rotate into the spokes. Definatetely solder the connections on the wires. They will go bad on you after awhile.

porkchop

Jul 13, 2012
Illinois
borntofli,
i think you did a fine job,congrats they are fun to ride & you get alot of double takes when you drive by...haha