The Final Piece of the Puzzel!

GoldenMotor.com

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
Hiya again. I know that I have been asking alot of questions, but this is a major one.

I know you laugh when you see the "Whats the best bike" questions, so be prepared to laugh...

I know there has to be a bike most people commonly build on, what is it? A lot of people have recommended this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Schwinn-Clairmont-26-Men-s-Cruiser-Bike/15711185

But there are also people who say that the cruisers are structurally weaker. What style of bike is generally stronger?

I need to get it right.

What is better for the money a 2 or 4 stroke?

Last edited:

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
I have a cruiser, and I love it. I also got a wally world store bought POS cruiser. Mine is a Huffy Panama Jack. I have really had no issues with it. But, in the back of my mind, I know that I get what I paid for. You pay 150 for a bike that's designed to go 5-10 MPH. Then I pay hundreds to motorize it, so it can go 30-40 MPH. Expect things to fail. Expect bearings to go bad, expect it not to stop correctly.

Also, use the search feature on this form. Put your bike in there, and see what people are saying. You'll have a million responses about it, vs 0 responses when you ask..

Hope it works out for you anyways.

Chears.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
Mr Minecraft

its all up to what you want out of your ride and the look your going for.
The look should not come before SAFETY. With hilly areas I feel just a coaster brake is not enough and at 30mph its not enough either. The multispeed Bikes come with better brakes and normally a 3 piece crank. Much easier to add a SBP jackshaft kit to a 7speed cruisier and get 7 gears for the motor to run though then just one using a bike with a coaster brake. The strongest frame would be a custom built silver soldered lugged MTB cromoly frame but that's not gonna be cheap