Half Bike/Half Glider

GoldenMotor.com

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
This is crazy, I wonder if an HT would work? hmm, maybe a Morini...

youtube said:
A few years ago my brother decided to make his 350 cc motor bike fly. A flyer of light aircraft and an amateur inventor, he was frustrated by the fact that, if he flew anywhere, he had no transport at the other end.
So using only parts purchased at the local hardware store and an old hang glider wing, he rigged up the Sky Bike.
The wings, propeller and other modifications take about 10 minutes to put on the bike. After the flight, they can then be removed just as quickly allowing the flyer to ride off on the motor bike.
This video is of the Sky Bike's maiden flight, in Western Australia.
YouTube - Incredible Flying Motor Bike...

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
WOW, That is super cool a sportbike glider! Any hanglider enthusiasts here in the forum ready for the challenge of building the first Motor Assisted Bicycle Hanglider? That would be slicker than snot!

Peace Crazy Horse.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Very cool. Was just picturing my Indian Hiawatha with wings. Fasteddy is working on the tri-car front end for it as I write.
"The Flying Tadpole". Something to think about. Not that I know anything about flying. Wonder how fast you'd need to go to lift off. And how do you transfer power from the engine to the propeller? Would that be a rush or what!
SB

POPS

Sep 8, 2008
Vancouver Island BC .Canada
Hey guys
I read that and thought about a bike flying too.

Much lighter than a motorcycle.
So I looked up the smallest hang glider.
There is NOOOO way this guy packed it up
on his bike.
The main poles for the wings are 1 piece
poles. I saw it folded up on a truck and
it went on a rack on top from bumper
to bumper.
Packed up in a bag it was about 2 feet
around and the full length of the truck.
No getting that sucker on a bike but it
must be true cause I saw it on the tube. :)

Would be Kool though...

POPS