my bike

GoldenMotor.com

kacz2664

May 4, 2012
Ohio
found this fila mountain bike at a yard sale for 20 bucks.its all aluminum and very light.you can still pick up the bike with the motor with one arm. i wanted to add a motor so i got a stinger kit for it. oh yea then i just had to camo it.lol anyways i like my bike. its a lot of fun.thanks for looking. kaz

Attachments

Last edited:

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
very cool, reminds me of ol sgt scruffy., do you only use off road? cause from what i see your not legal in ohio for use on road.check out ohio dmv for more details. but just from what i see you need chain gaurd for motor drive side,lights for night or just reflectors for day.rear view mirror,horn and exhaust with heat shield. they have all the info on dmv site for mabs.im not realy legal over sized motor no prob yet, but its only time befor state boys mess with me. peace

Attachments

Last edited:

kacz2664

May 4, 2012
Ohio
thanks for the heads up and link.i was just planning on finding out all the legal stuff. plan on using it to go back and forth to work and shopping and things like that.kaz

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Normally I do not like DIY camo, but that turned out well! I love your build. The front and rear racks, along with the paint scheme work well together.

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
thanks,they are just reg cruizer bars. as long as your not riding crazy or at night i think you could get away with exhaust, reflecters, mirror and chain gaurd. i only worry about state boys and sylvania cops. peace.

kacz2664

May 4, 2012
Ohio
i called the licence place who told me i needed to call the title place who told me i needed to call the highway patrol whos officer said "if the toledo police look like they might want to mess with you ...just peddle." lmao i explained it was a bicycle 26 in. with a motor on it. he said its a regular bike with a motor you added? i said yes, then he told me what i said up there.lol

kacz2664

May 4, 2012
Ohio
i put on reflectors,chain guard, and a mirror. that officer told me id need lights if i ride at night.which i dont plan on.so i think ill be fine. with the crime rate here id think the police have so much more to worry about than someone trying to find a way around these horrible gas prices.but the city dont know how to effectively finance its budget so who knows what they might try to get a buck.

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
that is too funny. go to the dwv site to find the real laws. the link is on here under laws section for ohio. but thats funny just peddle. i dont worry about tpd just sylvania they can be jerks. state patrol can be too. just obey the rules of the road and be safe. peace