motorized 27 inch

GoldenMotor.com

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
Well folks, I just finished up my second build. Its been a while since I burnt up my first motorbike, I got a lil over a thousand miles out of that motor. Well this time around i snagged up a old 27 inch road bike for $15 bucks. The thing that sold me is it had a mechanical speedometer. I ran into a few snags on the build, which is to be expected. I had to convert it to a single speed because the motor interfered with the front derailer. Than I had to remove a spacer from pedal side of the rear wheel to shift the wheel to the right enough to have good chain alignment. Upon its first start up i snapped the stock chain, so at 7 at night on a Saturday I biked out to the local Fleet Farm with my toolkit and chain breaker. Bought a 41 chain and installed it right there by the bike rack. Finally it started up but had a major airleak, wouldn't idle down with out the choke. I got all the help I needed from the chat bar on the home page. Thank you to every one who helped me trouble shoot my problem. Today I got some RTV and sealed up my carb to mani joint and now my motor runs like a champ. I will be posting some pics as soon as I can steal the wifes phone and take some pics. My daughter spilled juice on our digital camera and I'm too clumsy to have a good phone.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
Here are the pics as promised, I hope you can forgive me for cell phone pics. And yes, the handle bars are a 18 inch long 1/2inch piece of black pipe. All my bike parts are in storage in a different town.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Gosh, those wheels & tires are really gonna cut down rolling resistance!
I'll bet it's gonna be a fast one!
...stiff ride, though...

I smiled when I finally caught on to what was going on with the chain tensioner! :)
Best
rc

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
Gosh, those wheels & tires are really gonna cut down rolling resistance!
I'll bet it's gonna be a fast one!
...stiff ride, though...

I smiled when I finally caught on to what was going on with the chain tensioner! :)
Best
rc

So far I haven't got her above 20 or so mph, but she doesn't seem to be straining at all to get to 20 mph. The one downside to the wheels is I have to pay attention and choose my lines well or I'll blow a tire or dent a rim. And the chain tensioner is a joke when used on the drive side.