Looking for riders in or near Bethesda MD/DC Metro area

GoldenMotor.com

Thussey42

Jul 27, 2011
Bethesda MD
Ive been riding for about a year now and have not seen another motorized bicycle in the area. I would really love to meet others in the area who ride and potentially even form a riding group.

virginian

Dec 19, 2009
McLean VA
I live in McLean VA and ride into Bethesda from time to time (via Chain Bridge). I'd be interested in ridingwith you some time.

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I'm in Fairfax. Bike is still kinda in the shakedown phase but with the addition of the hub adapter and a new fork/cantilever brake, I'm pretty much good to go. Cruising DC could be fun.

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
According to what I've seen, we're completely legal in the district. As long as we're riding on routes under 35mph. You seen something different?

Thussey42

Jul 27, 2011
Bethesda MD
Oh I wasnt aware of that law. That sounds good though. A ride around the district is something that I deffinately would be up for. Im not too familiar with the district asside from the Mall. Do have any rough routes in mind.

virginian

Dec 19, 2009
McLean VA
Yeah it would be sweet to cruise around DC the problen is finding routes into the city and then find sites to ride at around the city.
Probably the best way into downtown DC from Bethesda is MacArthur Blvd. It's practically taken over by bicycles during weekends.

Beach Drive thru Rock Creek also works very well except that that the DC part is closed to cars and other motorized vehicles on weekends - it's for pedal bicycles only. But the Maryland section is good for motorized bikes.

Once you get downtown, DC is very bike friendly. There are lots of bicycles everywhere. Hanes Point is especially popular. The only problem with riding in downtown DC is that there are so many traffic lights. You can easily spend half your ride time stopped at red lights.

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Hey Guys, I'm up outside of Frederick MD. There's a rally up in Lebanon PA this coming week. It's a real good time and great people. Look it up in the events. Dan