first builder.Hard time with ......Please help

GoldenMotor.com

spacey

May 7, 2011
springfield, oh.
Hi,
Make sure your clutch is disengaging completely . My clutch slips a little when I fist let it out but you can tell the difference . If it's not fully disengaging with the leaver travel you have now you'll have to remove the right side engine cover and adjust the star nut on the clutch pressure plate .
The engine does add some resistance to your peddling but it should not be trying to turn the motor.
Hope this helps,
Mark

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
Hi,
Make sure your clutch is disengaging completely . My clutch slips a little when I fist let it out but you can tell the difference . If it's not fully disengaging with the leaver travel you have now you'll have to remove the right side engine cover and adjust the star nut on the clutch pressure plate .
The engine does add some resistance to your peddling but it should not be trying to turn the motor.
Hope this helps,
Mark
Thanks thats good info.So how much should I turn the nut ans which way?

spacey

May 7, 2011
springfield, oh.
Counter-clockwise will let the plate drift away from the pucks . Be sure to check that that's your problem first . Check the leaver play and cable adjustment to make sure you have full travel. If your clutch fully disengages when you move the leaver by hand, you don't need to adjust the star bolt. You can run the motor with the cover off while you're making adjustments if need be ..... don't loose the tiny screw !!!

Ps. Sorry, just a few notches at a time, you'll have to check as you go along. You can see the plate disengage, it's a light setup so you'll be able to turn the crank while holding the clutch leaver in .

Last edited:

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
Counter-clockwise will let the plate drift away from the pucks . Be sure to check that that's your problem first . Check the leaver play and cable adjustment to make sure you have full travel. If your clutch fully disengages when you move the leaver by hand, you don't need to adjust the star bolt. You can run the motor with the cover off while you're making adjustments if need be ..... don't loose the tiny screw !!!

Ps. Sorry, just a few notches at a time, you'll have to check as you go along. You can see the plate disengage, it's a light setup so you'll be able to turn the crank while holding the clutch leaver in .[/QUOTE]Thanks again.Hi every one my name is wayne,nice to meet every one.